Installing a range hood is one of the best ways to ensure that your kitchen has clean, fresh air. This equipment is essential for modern kitchens. It provides ventilation, eliminates odors, and maintains good air quality. There are many brands available for 36-inch range hoods. There are many brands on the market today, and they all have different features and efficiency levels. This is why it’s important to shop carefully when choosing one.
You will need to consider the CFM rating, ventless or ductless exhaust options, installation options, lighting options, and aesthetics when deciding on the best 36-inch range hoods. Your kitchen’s current layout, along with your cooking style, will determine the best range hood for you. Our top picks for best buys this year include efficient entry-level models as well as more powerful, professional-grade range hoods. Continue reading to discover the range hood that is right for you and your needs without sacrificing quality.
List Of 10 Best 36 Inch Range Hood Reviews
1. Cosmo COS-5MU36 36 in. Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Cosmo’s COS-5MU36 range hood is a 36-inch wide high-quality hood. This premium range hood, 200CFM in volume, is ideal for small apartments or homes that need a minimalist range of hoods.
- It has push-button controls and LED lighting. They are dishwasher-safe and multi-layered to ensure more efficient grease removal. Cosmo’s brushed stainless steel rangehood is quiet. It emits 56 decibels at the loudest sound level.
2. ZLINE 36 in. 400 CFM Wall Mount Range Hood
- There are models that range in width from 30 to 48 inches, making them ideal for commercial and residential kitchens. All models, from the chimney extension to the hood, are made of stainless steel. You can adjust the blower’s suction speed to achieve a variety of speeds, including 280, 400, and 580 CFM. The maximum setting of 760 CFM allows the hood to handle 75,000 BTUs. It should be capable of handling five burners each with 15,000 BTU.
- ZLINE recommends speeds 1 and 2 to light frying, boiling, or grilling, while speeds 3 and 4 are recommended for heavy frying, boiling, or heavy frying, respectively. The KB series models come with aluminum baffle filters. These are dishwasher-safe, but it is a good idea to not put aluminum wares into the dishwasher.
- This is a ducted series so you will need to vent your kitchen. The ducts must be the run-up to the ceiling as there is no outlet at the rear. The chimney is made of stainless steel and will cover the pipe. A backdraft damper prevents air from entering the ducts.
3. CIARRA CAS90502 Glass Range Hood 36 inch
- This tempered-glass 36-inch range hood from CIARRA can be used either as a ducted ventilation system or a ductless one. The sleek, modern wall-mounted model can be used in either a ducted or ductless mode, but separate carbon filters must be purchased for the ductless option.
- This range hood has a CFM rating of 450 and is compatible with most electric stovetops. The range hood’s stainless steel and tempered glass construction adds style and extends its life expectancy. The panel has a touch-control panel and three fan speeds.
- High-quality, stainless steel kitchen cooker hood. Strong and durable with a long life expectancy. For easy use, touch panel control. Wall mount range hood with 450 CFM airflow and 3-speed exhaust fan. At high speed, it is quieter than 8.5 sones.
- The stove vent hood is equipped with 2 aluminum filters that can be removed and 2 led lights. The powerful motor quickly extinguishes smoke, grease, and odor. You can keep your kitchen clean and healthy. The adjustable chimney is composed of two sections that you can adjust to your needs.
4. XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U36 36″ Range Hood
- The XtremeAir Ultra Series Range Hood is an under-cabinet range hood that packs extreme power. The stainless-steel rangehood can handle heavy smoke and odors up to 900 CFM.
- The fan’s extraction capabilities will be appreciated by home cooks who do high-heat searing or have to deal with smoke. However, the fan will also work well for more mundane cooking tasks. Each fan’s noise level is not within the normal range.
- This unit, made in the USA, is sturdy and professional-grade. The 10-year warranty by the company guarantees the motor’s integrity. Although this unit is more expensive than those under-cabinet hoods that have a lower CFM but are still high-quality for professional-grade power, it is not cheap.
5. HisoHu Wall Mount 36 Inch Range Hood
- This wall-mounted range hood measures 36 inches and is equipped with a powerful motor. It has 4 speeds and a maximum airflow of 780CFM. This can quickly remove harmful substances and cooking fumes, thereby reducing skin damage and other health issues.
- The upgraded intelligent wall chimney range hood features core noise reduction technology with a minimum of 40dB noise level and a maximum of 55dB noise level. You can enjoy high-tech cooking in a quiet setting thanks to the thoughtful low-noise design.
- This stainless steel vent cover has touch and gesture control functions. It also comes with an infrared remote control that makes cooking easier. 2Pcs of energy-saving LED lights can provide enough lighting for cooking. The range hood has a delay function that can shut off the heat for between 1 and 15 minutes.
- The Kitchen Chimney Vent comes with 3pcs 5-layer aluminum filters that can capture grease better. They are also more durable and easier to clean. It is easy to clean by simply placing it in the dishwasher. This saves you time and money.
6. Cosmo 668ICS900 36 in. Ducted Island Range Hood
- Your kitchen can have a special look with elegance and luxury. To ensure that your kitchen is free from harmful emissions such as smoke and off-odors, you will need a ductless range hood. This will allow you to add elegance and glamour to space. Installing the Cosmo 6681CS900 36-inch range hood is a sure way to do that.
- It is possible to wonder why people choose this hood over other brands. This kitchen appliance has a number of unique features that you won’t find in other hoods. This is one of the most striking range hoods on the market. The hood has a stainless steel finish with a tapered glass bottom. This hood will enhance the look of your kitchen.
- This ductless range hood is among the most efficient on the market. This hood features a 380 CFM fan, permanent stainless steel filters, and LED lights. It also has a touch digital control. The hood is silent and quiet, so it can be used to remove any unwanted smells and grease.
7. Broan-NuTone 413604 Non-Ducted Ductless 36-Inch Range Hood
- Broan-NuTone’s 36-inch range hood, the 413604 from Broan-NuTone, is affordable and will filter out cooking fumes as well as grease. This range hood is ductless and comes standard with charcoal filters. It is made from high-quality stainless steel and features two fan speeds with push-button controls. The range hood 413604 has 75-watt incandescent lighting.
- This versatile insert can be used as an exhaust fan or overhead light for your stove. This stainless steel unit can be placed under your cabinets to ensure that your kitchen has good airflow. The unit can be used as a non-ducted range hood and has a charcoal filter to effectively eliminate odors and smoke from your cooking space.
- The protective lens diffuses light evenly across the cooktop. It can also accept a 75W bulb (not included). It has smooth surfaces that are easy to clean and quick-release filters that are dishwasher safe. The insert should be installed at least 18 inches above the cooktop.
- For safety and aesthetics, the sides and bottom are mitered. The motor is permanently lubricated and has a separate light and fan switch. This range hood is ADA-compliant and can be used in any application.
8. ZLINE 36 in. Island Mount Range Hood
- The ZLINE GL1i island range hood is our favorite for its combination of utility, value, and craftsmanship. This duct hood is 36 inches in diameter and best suited for stovetops 30 inches or less. This will provide more coverage and help to capture all the elements without the need for a back wall.
- At its maximum suction, the hood can produce 760 CFM. This is enough to power 76,000 BTU. That’s roughly 5 regular gas burners and plenty for most purposes. There are four speeds to choose from, with the others delivering 280, 400, and 580 CFM respectively.
- Additional features include aluminum baffle filters and a digital display. A chimney cover and a backdraft damper are also included. There are physical buttons that can control speed and lights. The 3-minute delayed auto-shutdown can be used by pressing the power button for a few seconds until the display flashes.
- By inserting Zline compatible charcoal filters, you can reconfigure your hood to fit in a ductless kitchen. The ZLINE Gl1i island-mount range hood is a great choice. The ZLINE GL1i will bring a kitchen with an impressive build and functional features at a reasonable price.
9. IKTCH 36-inch Wall Mount Range Hood
- Gas stoves produce more heat than electric ones. They can also produce nitrogen dioxide which can cause irritation to the respiratory system. A 36-inch range hood with a higher power rating is essential. The wall-mounted range hood is able to produce an airflow of 900 CFM. This makes it strong enough for eliminating the heat and fumes that gas stoves emit.
- Touch-enabled, but also with gesture sensing, the control panel can be adjusted by waving your hand. This is a great feature for cooking. You can also turn the fan off from your dining area table using the remote control and adjustable timer.
- The sound output at the lowest setting is 40 decibels and the highest is 65 decibels. This model measures 30 inches in width. However, it is also available in a 36-inch version for people who have larger ranges. Two dishwasher-safe filters are included.
10. BV Range Hood – 36 Inch 750 CFM Range Hoods
- The BV High-Airflow Ducted Range Hood is our top choice for an under cabinet range hood. It’s powerful and efficient. This ducted range is able to keep air moving even in high heat or heavy smoke thanks to its unique design.
- Dual motors make this BV range hood capable of 800 CFM. The hood has three fan speeds and simple push-button controls. This model’s slanted housing allows for greater airflow across the entire range of cooking temperatures. The housing’s underside is covered with stainless-steel baffles. A removable oil filter can also be found. These are easy to clean and remove.
- Users love the quality design and solid construction of this powerful under-cabinet range hood. This unit is a great option for cooks who want a high CFM unit that can fit under existing cabinets without compromising on performance.
Buying Guide for the Best 36 Inch Range Hood
Modern 36-inch range hoods can transform a kitchen’s appeal into one of the best. These are seven important things to keep in mind when selecting the best 36-inch range hood.
Ask yourself some questions about your cooking and kitchen habits.
- How often do your cook?
- Are you a fan of Asian cooking? Do you like to fry, barbecue, or cook greasy food?
- Are you a frequent cook for large groups of people?
- Do you find noises in your kitchen bothersome?
CFM is more important the more you cook. A hood with high CFM is a good choice if you are cooking for large groups. When cooking for large groups, you can set the maximum setting and then turn the hood to the lowest settings for cooking for yourself or your family. Before you buy a range hood, ask about its noise level and sones. The hood can be run at lower speeds if it is quieter. Some motors can be noisy regardless of speed.
The hood will be louder if the CFM is higher. The hood will be quieter if the CFM is lower. However, range hoods purchased from large box stores have a low CFM but are quite loud. They are made with low-quality materials and have inefficient motors. You might notice that a hood with a higher CFM is quieter than one with a lower CFM.
Size of the Duct
You can use a larger duct, but not too small. You won’t be able to move the greased air out of your house as smoothly. You’ll need to clean up grease buildup in the range hood duct and hood. This extra work is not something anyone wants to do.
Chimney or No Chimney?
This is only a cosmetic option. The installation of a chimney may take a bit longer, but the difference is not significant. Most 36-inch island range hoods include chimneys. However, it is a good idea to check with your manufacturer. A chimney extension may be required depending on the height of your ceiling.
The range hood for your island should be installed between 28-36 inches and the cooktop. This will allow the kitchen to exhaust the greased air efficiently.
Mount a 36-inch range hood in outdoor kitchens between 36 and 42 inches from the cooktop. Outdoor kitchens have grills that generate a lot of heat so you need to allow for this extra distance.
There are three options when it comes to style: rectangular, tapered, or glass front. You might also like the look and feel of the stainless steel push buttons or the black LCD touch screen. You have the option!
Many 36-inch range hoods include stainless steel baffle filters and mesh filters. Because stainless steel is more durable and easy to clean, we recommend it over aluminum. You may also find charcoal filters if your island hood converts to ductless.
There are many options for range hood control panels. Popular options include backlit pushbuttons and stainless steel pushbuttons. Touch panels are also becoming more popular in modern island hoods.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the function of kitchen island range hoods?
Kitchen island range hoods use fans to move greased air outside your home via ductwork. A majority of island hoods have one to two blowers. The duct runs from the exterior of your home through the ceiling or an exterior wall.
2. What is the difference between wall mount and island mount range hoods?
Island range hoods mount to your ceiling, while wall mount range hoods mount to your wall. An island range hood is best if you have one. You can either mount the range against the wall or use an under-cabinet hood.
3. What is the best height for a range hood?
The range hood should be placed so that 18-30 inches are between the stovetop and the base of the range. In the instruction manual, the manufacturer will specify the height of each range hood.
4. How many CFM should my range hood be able to handle?
To cook on gas cooktops, the range hood needs 100 CFM per 10,000 BTU. It is important to have 100 CFM per ten inches of stove length for electricity.
5. What is the best CFM for a range hood?
For most electric ranges, a CFM of 300 or less is sufficient. A CFM of 800 or more is preferred for gas stoves.
A range hood will prevent the smells, odors, grease, and smoke from cooking from lingering in your kitchen. This can lead to poor air quality and unpleasant odors. A 36-inch range hood can be installed above your stovetop. A range hood pulls in cooking grease, moisture, and heat and then filters it and either recirculates or directs it outside. The best 36-inch range hoods increase ventilation and keep the air clean.