Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe is prepared in the air fryer to enhance the taste and give a crispy crust to potatoes. There is a verity of making air fryer potato wedges like air fryer potato slices, without oil, KFC style, and with parmesan garlic. Are you a food lover and searching the best air fryer potato recipes, then you are precisely at the right place. Here we tell you the multiple ways to prepare air fryer potato wedges . So don’t wait more; try this dish and enjoy the delicious potatoes.
- How to Cook Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe?
- Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe (KFC)
- Air Fryer Parmesan Potato Wedges with Garlic
- Can you Freeze Uncooked Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe?
How to Cook Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe?
If you want to cook air fryer potato wedges, no oil, or oil-free, you can cook it in the air fryer. Moreover, you need to apply a small quantity of oil on the marchet paper for greasing. On the other hand, if you want to add oil, you can apply it to the pan’s bottom with the help of a food brush. Moreover, the purpose of oil is to avoid the sticking of food.
- Before cooking, preheats the air fryer according to your temperature requirements.
- Place the food in the cooking basket and don’t overcook the food.
- The next step is cooking food according to the food requirement.
How to Cut and Prepare Potato Wedges
- First, you need to wash and clean the potatoes. Moreover, removing all the dirt from potatoes is necessary; otherwise, it affects the potato’s taste
- Cut the potatoes in lengthwise or in long shape. Remember that your potato slice must be 1/2 thick.
- The next step is a coating of wedges in the powder of flour. Moreover, the flour coating is necessary for a good layer of egg.
- The next step is the dragging of the potato in the mixture of the egg. Furthermore, the mix of the egg is easy the sticking of cheese to the potatoes.
- The final step of preparing wedges is a coating of cheese to potatoes and then place it on the cooking basket.
Mixture or Ingredients of Coating
The mixture powder of coating is prepared in the separate bowl. Moreover, for training to follow the below mention direction. The ingredients of the coating mixture are flour, egg, and cheese. Furthermore, if you want an excellent and perfect crispy taste, you first dip the potato into the flour bowl. Flour coating is necessary for the sticking of the egg. Egg coating is essential for the sticking of cheese. However, in this way, your cheese or layer is not loose during cooking.
Which Type of Cheese is Good?
It would help if you used the harder cheese like parmesan. On the other hand, if you use melted cheese, it also melts your potatoes during cooking. So if you want to get a perfect result or dish, use harder cheese instead of melting cheese. What cheese categories are best for air fryer potato wedges with cheese? you can use Parmesan. Romano, Asiago, Grana Padano for preparation of cheese potato wedges.
How to Cook?
They are placing all the coated potatoes in the basket of the air fryer. The right arrangement of potatoes in the basket is essential; otherwise, potatoes are stuck in the air fryer’s basket. Which temperature is perfect for cooking potatoes? Set the air fryer’s temperature on 400F and cook the cheesy wedge for potatoes for at least 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until the color of the cheese is turned into light brown color. Moreover, the potatoes are brown from one side then change the sides of potatoes and cooking again until both sides turn into brown color. Now remove the crispy potatoes from the basket of air fryer and serve on a suitable plate.
Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe (KFC)
Now we tell you how you can wedge potatoes KFC in the air fryer. Moreover, below I mention the list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions for making this delicious dish.
- Potatoes -2 large size
- Egg -1 large
- Milk -1 tablespoon
- Flour -1/2cup
- Salt-half tablespoon
- Paprika -1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic powder -1/2 tablespoon
- Ground black pepper -1/2 tablespoon
- Oil just for spray
- Firstly, you need to wash, clean and dry potatoes and cut into air fryer potato slice.
- The second step is to blend egg and milk in the large bowl and dip the potatoes into this bowl.
- Now take another bowl and add paprika, garlic, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in them. Moreover, mix them until all ingredients are turning into a fine powder
- First, placing the potatoes into the egg mixture, then place the egg coating potato slice into the flour mixture. Moreover, now your potato wedges are ready for putting the basket of the air fryer.
- Repeat the procedure with other potatoes wedges. Remember that place only one layer of potatoes in the air fryer basket. To avoid the sticking of potatoes with the fryer basket, you need to spray the potatoes’ cooking oil.
- Now close the air fryer and cook the potatoes on 350 degrees for at least 11 minutes.
- Now open the basket and change the side of potatoes. After changing the sides spray the oil on the potatoes and close the fryer for again cooking.
- Cook the potatoes wedges for at least 11 minutes.
- Your crispy tasting wedges are ready. You can serve them with the tomato ketchup and enjoy it.
Important Note / Precautions:
If you want to cook perfect Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe, then remember these two precautions.
- Remember, always cook the potato wedges in batches. Moreover, don’t place all potatoes together in the basket of air fryers. If you do that, then your potatoes are not crispy. Instead of that, your potatoes are loose. Moreover, it would be best if you turn the potatoes’ side when they are adequately cooked from one side. For crispy potatoes, you need t cook it until both sides turn into brown color.
- For making it tastier, serve it with tomato and tomato garlic ketchup.
- Most of the people have a question is air fryer potato wedges boil first before cooking in the air fryer.No you don’t need this additional step of pre-boiling before placing the potatoes in the basket of air flyer.
Air Fryer Parmesan Potato Wedges with Garlic
Everyone is like and love french fries. Most people avoid it because of its traditional way of making in which fries are full of oil. Are you includes in toes people who avoid fried due to its oily nature .? Don’t worry. Here we tell you the best way to make french fries in an air fryer using garlic parmesan. So loos below the ingredients and instructions of cause air fryer parmesan potato wedges with garlic.
The Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe is so easy and straightforward and made by readily available ingredients. The list of ingredients are as follow:
- Peeled wedge potato (1 medium size ): most of a chef are russet potatoes for getting perfect results. Moreover, you can use any potatoes russet potatoes that are not necessary.
- OLIVE OIL (1 table spoon): All brads offer a quality of olive oil so that you can use any brand olive oil. Moreover, if you want to add all essential nutrients in the dish, you can use old greek cold organic olive oil. Furthermore, olive oil in cooking is healthy and beneficial compared to other cooking oils.
- SALT FOR TASTE: salt adds according to taste requirements. Moreover, if you want to use healthy and flavourful salt, then Himalayan salt is highly recommended. Furthermore Himalayan salt is famous due to its color and advantageous features.
- GARLIC POWDER (1 table spoon): You can use any kind or brand of garlic powder to sprinkle on the potatoes. Out of all garlic powder, Watkins garlic powder is best for cooking potato wedges.
- CHEESE: 1/4 cup of cheese is perfect for making the wedges delicious, yummy, and crispy.
- AIR FRYER: you need a good quality air fryer. Still, if you don’t have an air fryer, then a power 6-quart air fryer is best because it provides more facilities to the user then every day or local air fryers.
By following these simple steps, you can quickly and correctly prepare the air fryer parmesan potato wedges.
- PREPPING OF POTATO: the first step is prepping of potato with the help of a vegetable peeler. Moreover, the next step is cutting potatoes into the slice with good quality and a sharp knife. Remember that you must use the cutting board for proper cutting.
- TOSS: take a big bowl and place the slice of potatoes in it. Moreover, at the same time, you need to add olive oil and salt. Toss the potatoes and must examine all slice of potatoes that are equally tossed in the mixture of olive oil and salt.
- FRY: for frying, you preheat the fryer in 400f. Moreover, when the desired temperature is attained, place one batch of potatoes in the air fryer. Now close the air fryer and cook it for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Flip: the fourth step is the flipping of potatoes for checking all slice is cook evenly or not. Moreover, for this purpose, you can use your hand you any utensils. Furthermore, after flipping, you need to place the potatoes into a basket of air fryer and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- TOP: in this step, removing of potato wedges from the air fryer is doing. So remove the potatoes from the basket and place nicely on the serving plate. For enhancing the flour, you can add the garlic powder and cheese. Now wait for a minute and enjoy them.
Can you Freeze Uncooked Air Fryer Potato Wedge Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze it after one or two hours; you need to check is air fryer potato wedges frozen or not ?. You can freeze the potatoes by placing the potatoes in the plastic bag. Moreover, it must match your plastic bag must be airtight, and no whole is found in the bag. Furthermore, for easy identification, you can label the food item’s name in the plastic bag. Here the question comes in mind.
However, when your fries turn into brown color from both sides, then your potato wedges are ready o eat or serve. Here the question comes in mind are you froze the whole the potato or slice? You can store both the complete potato and piece. So it means it depends upon you are you want to freeze the complete potato or slice. Moreover, The cooking procedure and preheating oven temperature are the same for both the complete potato and a potato slice.