A single-serve coffee maker has become an essential part of many households. It allows you to make coffee quickly without wasting any and also lets you enjoy your favorite cup of joe anytime throughout the day. With so many different models on the market, it can be difficult to choose which one is best for you.
Single-serve coffee makers come with different features and price points that can satisfy any customer’s needs, whether they be looking for convenience or quality. We will review some of the best single-serve coffee makers available on the market today so you can find one that suits your needs perfectly.
List of 11 Best Single-Serve Coffee Makers Reviews
1. Hamilton Beach 49981A Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
- With its hot single-serve scoop filter, the Hamilton Bay 49981A Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker is absolutely ideal for those of you who want to be able to brew your coffee on the go. With fast brewing, it’ll take less than 90 seconds for you to have an 8 oz cup of coffee and around two minutes if you’re looking for a 14oz travel mug.
- Flexible? Sure! You can brew with either regular or bold ground coffee thanks to the mesh scoop filter that comes with this machine. So go ahead—be creative! The beautiful thing about this product is that it will always create perfect cups of joe since there are settings for customizing these cups (regular or auto-drip) as well as specifying how many.
- The Hamilton Beach 49981A Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker has powerful features that are easy to use. The automatic shutoff after brewing, the spill-resistant drip tray, and more will allow you to brew delicious coffee treats with less effort.
- The scoop filter is also great for reducing overflows during coffeemaking-just be careful not to overfill your grounds! For a stronger cup of coffee, select the “bold” setting and choose a medium grind size appropriate for standard drip machines.
2. Cuisinart SS-10P1 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker
- The Cuisinart SS-10P1 Premium Single-Serve Coffeemaker is fast and convenient with one very important perk – it works with any brand of single-cup pod including Keurig K-Cup pods. With five beverage sizes, you can enjoy anything from a quick 4-ounce espresso to an energizing 12 oz mug of joe for that early morning surge.
- Fill the removable 72-ounce water reservoir, insert your favorite green tea or loose leaf tea cartridge into the brew basket, put in some hot cocoa mix or instant coffee grounds, press the button of your choice – including hot water if you need a soup at lunchtime!
- Take the guesswork out of brewing coffee. With five different temperature settings and adjustable brew strength, there’s a way for everyone to get their perfect cup, whether you like it with milk and sugar or black as night with only one drop of caffeine.
Turn up the flavor by customizing your morning blend-changing water temperature and covering your favorite grounds in full-crema with the press of a button.
- Finally, leave nothing but coffee heaven lingering on your lips by using our revolutionary filtration technology that removes 99% of volatile organic compounds at 180º F or less to make even pot after pot taste impeccable. Prepare yourself for an early bird experience worth waking up for every time!
3. Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
- Simple to use with one-touch functions, the Keurig K-Mini is your coffee brewing sidekick for when you’re in a hurry. This tiny but mighty coffee maker gets the job done so taking care of yourself or getting yourself out to work can be easy peasy. It fits any small space in your home and brews in minutes so drinking freshly brewed coffee anytime anywhere has never been easier!
- No one likes brewing a whole pot of coffee if it’s just for themselves. That’s why the Keurig K-Mini is perfect for those who want to take only what they need when they need it!
- With its removable drip tray that accommodates travel mugs up to 7.0 inches tall and holds an entire accidental brew (and easily cleans after), the K-mini coffee maker is perfect for almost any countertop or kitchen space.
- Weighing less than 10 pounds, this compact brewer doesn’t take up much room making it great for small kitchens or dorms without breaking your back at the move-out time!
4. BLACK+DECKER CM618 Single Serve Coffeemaker
- The Personal Coffeemaker brews one cup of coffee directly into the mug for active, on-the-go lifestyles. The filter is compatible with grounds and pods. Just fill with your favorite ground beans or use pre-packaged soft pods, press the button, and voila! You’ve got a caffeine jolt that fits most car cup, holders.
- Made for small kitchens or apartments where space is at a premium, this little coffeemaker takes up minimal counter space making it perfect for multiple people to make coffee each morning all at once especially in dorm rooms without room for more bulky appliances. One-touch operation means you can quickly finish your morning routine, but make sure you clean the filter after every use!
- The BLACK+DECKER CM618 Single-Serve Coffeemaker is a revolutionary way to make a cup of coffee, anytime. It makes delicious brewed coffee in 5 minutes or less-just add ground coffee and water and push the “Brew Now” button.
- From there, you can customize your drink with one of two settings- Regular which brews at 195 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes, or Strong which brews at 205 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 minutes then shuts off automatically. The mug that comes bundled with it has an insulated design that keeps drinks warm up to 4 hours so bring your BLACK+DECKER coffeemaker on the road!
5. Elite Gourmet EHC111A Maxi-Matic Personal 14oz Single-Serve Compact Coffee Maker Brewer
- The Elite Gourmet EHC111A Maxi-Matic Single Serve Coffee Maker is the answer to your coffee needs. We know what you’ve been dealing with for years now-spending time brewing coffee at home or wasting money on costly drive-thru spikes-so we created the perfect solution for your time, financial, and caffeine frustrations.
- We’ve designed a 14Oz insulated travel mug that fits perfectly under the controls and most vehicles’ cup holders so you never have to stop and go get another drink while driving. The reusable stainless steel interior and exterior make it easy to enjoy hot, freshly brewed coffee wherever life takes you. It’s great for “on-the-go mornings” or a quick pick.
- We’ve taken the hassle out of brewing a cup of coffee with our Elite Gourmet Personal Single-Serve Coffee Maker. With its compact size, this portable coffee maker is perfect for homes, offices, and on the go. One person can enjoy their favorite brew from freshly ground coffee to rich dark roasts all day long because it has a removable reusable filter!
- The Elite Gourmet Single Serve Coffee Maker includes everything needed to make your drink like an iced cold 12 oz Kona blend iced smoothie or hot steaming macchiato 24/7. With safety in mind, we equipped our maxi-Matic personal single-serve coffeemaker with auto shut off and thermal switch for any potential overheating issues.
6. CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker with Removable Drip Tray
- When you feel like making your take-home coffee drinks just a little sweeter, your best friend is the CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker. That’s because this brewer not only takes care of everything needed to brew an ideal cup of coffee, but it also includes space for cups and lids to make them go-to gifts at the office or family kitchen.
- And with its 800W heating element (plus fast brewing system), there will always be hot brewed warm delicious java available for all! All that plus its blue indicator light and patented auto shut-off function mean it’s exactly what busy living demands.
- The Chulux single-serve coffee maker is perfect for those who are constantly on the go. This makes brewing a fresh cup of joe easy and convenient! You can choose between large or standard based on what your needs are. The modern design will fit perfectly in any kitchen, dorm room, office, RV, or even school environment with limited countertop space available.
- With no mess, how could you say no to this quality product? And because it’s only able to be used with 120V voltage there’s no need for added worry about damaging any electronics when bringing it along with you to all of your favorite explorations!
7. ADIRchef Single Serve Coffee Maker
- The ADIRchef Single Serve Coffee Maker does more than just brew coffee. This eco-friendly machine can turn grounds into a mobile mug of coffee any time the mood strikes. It’s sized just right for most car cup holders and will keep its contents piping hot until you finish it!
- Universal design lets these machines fit in nearly any home or office space with ease, proving to be reliable enough to last even after years of use.
- No messy filters are needed with this product–the permanent filter removes extra waste your family might produce each day, saving money on supplies and garbage bags every week.
- The ADIRchef Single Serve Coffee Maker will be your new best friend in the morning, helping you get energized and ready for work! The durable construction of this coffee maker is sure to last for years, while also sort of wrapping up breakfast and lunch prep in one step.
- You can enjoy a personal cup of coffee from this convenient machine every morning with no mess or fuss. Once the 15-ounce stainless steel travel mug is full, it automatically shuts off to save power – perfect when you’re on the go!
8. Mixpresso 2 in 1 Coffee Brewer, Single Serve Coffee Maker
- If you are looking for the perfect single-serve coffee maker, this is it! You can make two different brews at once or just one. It’s quick and easy to use with both automatic power off and a great set of features.
- The Mixpresso 2 in 1 Coffee Brewer is compact enough that takes up little space on your countertop without compromising performance. A powerful 1000 volt motor allows water to warm to 170 degrees Fahrenheit quickly even on the stovetop or in an iced container.
- The Mixpresso 2 in 1 Coffee Brewer is the perfect home, office, and travel coffee maker that makes getting your caffeine fix as easy as can be. Compact and small design allows you to easily take this machine anywhere without worrying about space.
- The removable grounds container means cleanup is a breeze and there’s never any mess left behind! It also comes with an environmentally friendly carafe, making it the only single-serve coffee maker you need.
9. Mueller Ultimate Single Serve Coffee Maker
- The Mueller Ultiscle Single Serve Coffee Maker is the perfect way to start your morning. The coffee maker has a simple and compact design that fits in small spaces or complements any counter space.
- It’s compatible with all single-cup coffee capsules, so you can make whichever type of coffee you want. We recommend Schaffhauser Crema Forte pods for their excellent taste and superior quality.
- A single-serve coffee maker that can brew in three minutes; features a convenient, stainless steel 10oz water tank. Mueller Ultimate Single Serve Coffee Maker- Compact & Quickest Coffee Brewing Time on the Market!
- The team designed Mueller’s 3-minute brewing cycle for your convenience and taste buds’ delight! It has a detachable drip tray for easy cleaning and we made sure you’re safe with our auto shut off feature.
10. EZBASICS Single Serve Coffee Maker Brewer Compatible with K-Cup Pod
- EZBASICS Single Serve Coffee Maker Brew Compatible with K-cups is the perfect solution to enjoying your favorite coffee or tea without having to deal with a coffee maker that takes up too much space in your kitchen. Basic but efficient, this instant portable brewer gives you access to beautifully brewed beverages without taking up any countertop space at all.
- Smaller than your average Keurig machine, this coffee maker fits most kitchens and has the added convenience of packing easily for on-the-go consumption. With 99% compatibility among common K-cup pods used today (Kona Joe), it’s perfectly compatible no matter what flavor you prefer; pick from rich, dark roasts like French Roast or white light roast coffees.
- EZBASICS Single Serve Coffee Maker Brewer Combines Convenience with an Easy to Operate Machine. Today’s busy lifestyle doesn’t give us the time we need to get our coffee before heading off for work. Now, thanks to EZBASICS Single Serve Coffee Maker Brewer, brewing quality coffee has never been easier! Our innovative & stylish design will make this your go-to option in no time at all.
- Just push a button to start brewing and it’ll shut off automatically once the job is done – no more worrying about potential injuries from hot liquids! With 4/6/8/10oz markers on the water reservoir, you can always control how much water is added into your cup depending on your tastes.
11. Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
- The Keurig K-Select is the perfect brewing machine for all coffee lovers! With three filter sizes, it is capable of serving medium to large cups. And now with their innovative Quiet Brew Technology, you can enjoy your favorite morning beverage in peace at any hour of the day.
- Kick up your coffee’s strength and intensity by selecting either bold or regular brew, so that you never have to settle for anything less than what suits your palate. This package includes one water filter handle and one water filter-no matter which cup size you choose, they’re always at least six ounces inside each delicious cup!
- The Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker is an easy and convenient machine for producing hot and fresh coffee right in the comfort of your kitchen. With a removable 52 oz water reservoir, it can completely produce up to 5 cups before refilling, saving you time in the morning when filling up your mug.
- And with simple but powerful button controls, no need to worry about complicated settings – just insert a pod, select your desired brew size, and get fast & fresh brewed delicious coffee in minutes.
- The design also includes a removable drip tray that accommodates travel mugs over 7 inches tall so you can enjoy either on the go or at home! You can also use this machine to provide hot water without making coffee by opening the handle without using
How to Choose the Best Single-Serve Coffee Maker
A single-serve coffee maker is perfect for buying your daily dose of caffeine. With the wide variety of models out there, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. We’re here to help! Find the best single-serve coffee maker with these criteria.
1) Cup Size
Both K-Cups and pods are available in several sizes. You want one that fits your needs, so make sure you choose the size wisely. If you live alone or are not planning on having guests over frequently, a small cup size should do the trick. However, if everyone wants their own cup every morning or you have dinner guests often then consider getting a larger machine that dispenses multiple cups at once. A multi-serve best single-serve coffee maker is perfect for parties or gatherings.
2) Strength Selector
Most machines have strength selector options, so be sure to choose one that will meet your needs. If you like your coffee mild and slightly sweet, you can avoid extremely bold brews by getting a machine that gives a lighter taste. However, if you prefer a rich espresso-like flavor then look for a machine with the option of stronger brews. You can also ask about other features such as temperature control that some models offer. A cold brew option may be perfect on those hot summer days!
3) Auto-On Feature
The auto-drip feature allows you to set the single-cup maker to begin brewing a certain time every day without having to turn on the switch. This is especially convenient for busy mornings when you don’t want to wake anyone else in your home up while getting ready for work or school.
4) Auto-Off Feature
This function turns off the machine after a certain time of not engaging its brew cycle, such as overnight if it’s only used once a day or during lunch break at work if it’s more than one person using the machine. The auto shut-off feature can save energy and prevent overheating of machine parts by turning itself off until needed again later in the day.
5) Water Reservoir Size
Choose a single-serve coffee maker that fits your needs and has an adequate water reservoir size, allowing you to make many cups without having to add more water while you use it.
6) Filter Basket Size
Most single-serve coffee makers, such as the Keurig K-Cup and Dolce Gusto Pod, require their own specific type of filter cup or cartridge. If the one that comes with the machine does not include a reusable option for grounds or pods then be sure to purchase an extra so you can brew your favorite coffee blend in addition to the one that is provided by the manufacturer.
7) Removable Drip Tray
You don’t want your countertop getting messy with dripped coffee water so look for a model that has a removable drip tray that allows for easy cleaning. You’ll also want to make sure that all the parts are dishwasher safe for even easier cleanup.
Single-serve coffee makers should last for years, so purchase a durable model that will provide you with the perfect cup every time and is worth the price you pay. You don’t want to have to replace your machine after only six months of use, so choose a sturdy unit made from long-lasting materials for optimal longevity and performance.
Coffee makers come in many shapes and sizes, but this isn’t just about aesthetics! The size matters because it has to fit into your kitchen’s countertop space without dominating it or becoming an eyesore. Consider its height and width since most models are fairly slim and won’t take up much room on your counters. Keep in mind that you may have to clear some space for it if your kitchen is already cramped. Also, think about the color theme of your kitchen so that the machine blends in instead of standing out awkwardly.
10) Ease of Use
You can have a lot of fun with many models, but not every single-serve coffee maker will offer all kinds of features or settings. Look for one that is user-friendly and doesn’t require you to master science in order to get a good cup of hot coffee! A simple push-button control panel may be just what you’re looking for, so choose an easy model if this is important to you.
You don’t want to purchase another unit when there are other appliances in your home that can make a cup of coffee, so look for an all-in-one device that does it all. Some models are compatible with tea bags and loose leaf tea for even more beverages to enjoy. Most machines also allow you to brew tea or specialty drinks like cappuccinos, lattes, espressos, hot chocolates, and more!
12) Dishwasher Safe Parts
If you hate having to wash dishes by hand then get a model that comes with removable parts that are dishwasher safe instead. This way you can spend less time getting your drink on and more time doing what you love best!
13) Water Level Indicator
Tea connoisseurs know that the quality of water used in your pot is as important as the type of tea leaves you use, so to brew a perfect cuppa every time look for an option that comes with an easy-to-read water level indicator that shows how much water is in the reservoir. This will ensure that you never run out of H2O before completing your tasks!
14) Temperature Control
If good quality tea requires good quality hot water then why not get a model that lets you select your ideal temperature? Set it to high if you want boiling water or set it at a lower degree so it’s just right for delicate tea leaves. You can also adjust it according to taste, but this feature is more common on drip coffee makers than single-serve brewers so choose accordingly.
15) Cordless Design
You want your kitchen to be free of wires so look for a single-serve coffee maker with a cordless design that allows you to easily move it about without being restricted. It’s also important if you have limited counter space because this way you can place the machine where it cooks best instead of being forced to use an outlet nearby.
16) Strength Settings
Some people are caffeine junkies while others prefer just one cup to get them going in the morning, so choose a machine that lets you select between multiple strength settings. You’ll find this feature on machines designed for brewing full pots, but not all single-serve brewers provide it. So consider how much time you have before dashing out the door and make your choice accordingly.
17) Price & Warranty
Prices can vary greatly depending on the brand, size, types of features offered, and more. Coffee makers are usually cheaper than espresso machines, but you’ll have to pay premium prices if you want ones that are certified by the US Department of Agriculture. This ensures they’re safe to use with food-grade materials or chemicals instead of oil-based paints or stains that may contaminate your beverage and cause health issues over time. So choose wisely because a higher price may not always guarantee quality and durability!
18) Availability of Replacement Parts
The single-serve coffee brewer should be easy to clean since it doesn’t make full pots at once as other models do, but it will still accumulate dirt and gunk as time passes. So make sure you can order new parts quickly and easily if needed because by the time they arrive the old ones may have been forgotten about until it’s too late!
19) Ease of Use
Finally, single-serve coffee brewers should be simple to use since this is their main selling point. This means not having to go through a complex manual before actually using your machine for its intended purpose! There are machines available that provide full beverage customization with digital screens and touchpads, but many people don’t like these fancy options and would rather stick to something simple they can use without thinking too much about it. So think long and hard about what will best suit your needs when making your selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Single-Serve Coffee Maker?
A single-cup coffee maker is a machine intended for home use that has the ability to brew one cup of coffee at a time. The first models became available in the early 2000s, and they have become increasingly popular as an alternative to larger, more traditional styles of coffee makers. Some people like this style because it allows them to only brew what they need right now, rather than having an entire pot sit around for hours on end before being consumed.
It also saves energy since you aren’t heating up water over and over again unless necessary. There are several varieties on the market today – some use pods that come preloaded with coffee while others use loose grounds for brewing your beverage directly into a reusable container or cup. Many brands sell machines that are compatible with their own brand of pre-packaged pods, while others are versatile enough to work with whatever type you prefer.
2. Is Buying a Single Serve Coffee Maker Worth It?
Now more than ever, consumers are looking at their appliances in terms of how much work each can do for them with less effort put forth on their part. For example, many people are moving away from using a traditional personal computer to a laptop that contains all the same features, yet is easier to transport and less likely to have malfunctioned. The same can be said for single-serve coffee makers – they are an investment in terms of the money spent on them over time, but since they lessen the burden of having to clean a full pot or wasting coffee by letting it sit around and go bad, many people find these pods more than worth it.
3. How do I clean my new single-serve coffee maker?
Most come with instructions on how they suggest cleaning yours – but basically, it’s pretty straightforward. You’ll want to make sure it’s unplugged while you do this, and after emptying any leftover coffee out of the reservoir, wipe down the inside with a damp cloth. Make sure the area around where the cup sits is wiped down as well since this can easily get messy when in use!
4. Do I need a special kind of coffee for a pod brewer?
There are some brands that sell their own kind of pods intended for use with this style of machine specifically and while it’s not necessary, your results may vary depending on what brand you choose to go with. Using the wrong type or size will either result in weak flavor or too much coming out at once – so check before making any purchases!
5. Which Single Serve Coffee Maker is Right for Me?
Overall, cup-by-cup brewers are great appliances that have gained popularity amongst coffee lovers who don’t have time or patience for a full pot but still want their beverage to taste fresh and delicious every time. No matter which one you choose, your machine will come loaded with features meant to please – from hot water being available at all times on some models to adjustable brew size on others. No matter the size of your household or how picky your taste is, there is something for everyone on this list.
The 11 best single-serve coffee makers of 2021 are listed below. We will start with the most expensive and work our way down to the least expensive, so you can find one that fits your budget. This is a list of what we consider to be some of the best single-cup coffee makers for home use in the late 2020s or early 2030s.