The key to unlocking the world of cocktails is a great cocktail shaker. You need one for cocktails, mojitos and pina coladas as well as margaritas and margaritas. Here’s the problem: There are tons and tons of shakers available today. They come in many different sizes and shapes, with the two main styles being Boston and cobbler.
The cobbler shaker is one of the most popular. It has a cap, tin and a strainer that keeps any fruit chunks or dirt out of your drink. The cap usually measures 1 fluid ounce. This is equivalent to one shot. A cobbler shaker is typically made of tin, stainless, or glass and adds cocktails to your bar.
We’ve reviewed 21 of the most popular cocktail shaker sets on the market today. There should be something for everyone. Cocktail shakers come in many styles and prices. We know that you might not be able to compare cocktail shakers. These elements will make it easier to compare cocktails shakers like-for-like before you pull out your credit card.
When To Use a Cocktail Shaker
Many of the most well-known cocktails, such as the margarita or daiquiri, require a shaker. As with all tools, it is equally important to know when you should use it and when it shouldn’t. Even though the cocktail shaker can be versatile, there will come a time when you want to shake. It’s better to use a strainer and mixing glass in those instances.
Common shorthand to remember when to shake and when to stir is juice. Generally, if a cocktail contains juice, you shake. This is also true for non-alcoholic ingredients such as cream liqueurs or eggs. Stirring ensures that the ingredients are fully mixed and kept at ice cold temperatures. Cocktails such as the Negroni, Manhattan and Martini require stirring. Shaking can lead to dilution or disrupting delicate ingredients.
We have compiled a list of our top cocktail shakers including Boston and cobbler shakers to help you improve your cocktail skills. These are the best.
List Of 21 Best Cocktail Shaker Reviews
1. Cocktail Shaker Set by Cresimo
- Complete Cocktail Shaker Bundle Set in 18/8 Grade Stainless Steel. Professional shaker with 24 oz capacity, built-in strainer, a premium double-sized 1.0/0.5 oz measurement measuring jigger tool/ a beautifully-twisted bar spoon/plus an Illustrated Guide to cocktails recipe fold-out guide.
- Cresimo’s cocktail shaker is not only elegant and stylish, but also built to last. It is made from stainless steel in a mirror finish and will not rust or leak. This kit is ideal for mixing ice cold cocktails such as Margarita’s or Cosmopolitan’s.
- This shaker is simple and easy to use and recommended for both beginners and more experienced bartenders. You will enjoy the enhanced taste of many spirits such as Tequila, Rum and Vodka like never before. This will be your most-used barware item!
2. Premium Cocktail Shaker Set
- California’s A Bar Above offers this hard-hitting cocktail shaker set that is ideal for those who are spending less time at home.
- These shakers can be used in both a home and a bar setting. The shakers are made from food-grade stainless steel and have excellent build quality. You can mix up multiple cocktails with the combination of weighted or unweighted shakers.
- Mixing and matching cocktail shakers can be a messy business. The shakers are tight and secure, allowing you to be a bartender without fear of spillage.
- This brand offers an added bonus: a portion of their profits goes to the hospitality industry. This is a great choice for a cocktail shaker set. It can be used at home, but also in bars.
3. Cocktail Kingdom Koriko Large Weighted Shaking Tin
- Two weighted tins, one for each side of the Koriko shaker by Cocktail Kingdom, fit into each other to create a tight seal. The larger tin holds 28 ounces, while the smaller holds 18 ounces. A Julep or Hawthorne strainer will need to be purchased separately. These tins can hold enough ingredients to make two cocktails. They are dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup.
- They are also extremely durable. Jeremy Powers, a bartender at City Club Raleigh, North Caroline says that he once saw a bartender drop both the cocktails he was making. He was lucky to have Koriko shaker sets. Both sets never lost their seals or spilled any drops, even though they were bounced on the ground. Since then, I haven’t used any other product.”
4. Bar Kit for Great Housewarming Gift
- The Royale Mix Traditional Mixology Cocktail Shaker Set includes all the essential tools for bar, including ice tongs and double-sided Jiggers.
- You will also find 25 recipe cards for making your favorite cocktails. The best thing about this bartending kit is the handcrafted wooden rack, which holds all of the tools. Each bar tool is also made from stainless steel which can be washed and has been proven to resist rust for a long period.
- You don’t need to be nervous about making your first drink. The Royale Mix Traditional Mixology Cocktail Shaker Set makes it easy to make any kind of drink.
5. Mixology Bartender Kit: 11-Piece Bar Tool Set with Rustic Wood Stand
- Mixology offers a comprehensive 11-piece cocktail shaker set. It is available in matte black, as well as a copper and silver finish. You’ll find a stainless steel alloy construction in every color, no matter what you choose.
- This kit includes everything you need to make drinks, including a shaker and a muddler as well as a mixing spoon, a jigger and muddler, as well a Hawthorne strainer and ice tongs.
- You will receive a wooden stand as well as some rope to hang the set. You can leave the set freestanding on your counter or wine cabinet if you don’t want it to be.
- These pieces cannot be placed in the dishwasher. Handwash them with warm soapy water and dry well. You get a great deal and a complete set of cocktail shakers from Mixology.
6. Crafthouse by Fortessa Professional Barware by Charles Joly Gift Set
- Charles Joly, a World Champion bartender and creator of Crafthouse by Fortessa, has created a complete barware collection for home mixologists. Charles Joly has brought his bartending philosophy to the wide range of tools and glasses to create the perfect cocktail experience at home.
- Crafthouse by Fortessa is inspired by prohibition-era barware, but updated with modern ergonomic principles. It provides all the tools you need to make professional-grade cocktails right at home. Each piece is inspired by the timeless spirit of cocktails and the simplicity of Deco architecture.
- Charles Joly, a James Beard Award recipient and a long-time food and beverage professional, is Charles Joly. Chicago native Charles Joly is a certified mixologist. He focuses on creating balanced cocktails that combine classics with seasonal creations. Every feature is designed with purpose and function in mind. Crafthouse by Fortessa lets you entertain like a top-notch bartender.
7. BrüMate Shaker, 20oz Triple-Insulated Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail shakers can get messy. The shaker from BruMate is triple-insulated to prevent condensation from making it slippery. It also has a leak-proof top that ensures your drink stays where it belongs.
- The top is not only leak-proof but also shatterproof, so it won’t need to be replaced if your shaker falls. It also doubles up as a tumbler in case you need a small glass or to check your drink before pouring.
8. OXO SteeL Cocktail Shaker
- OXO is the place to go when you want the best equipment for your home kitchen. The brand’s cocktail shaker, OXO, is innovative and practical. It is stylish and simple.
- Double silicone seals are designed to prevent leakage from cobbler shakers and allow for easy disassembly. The best thing about the curved cap is that it doubles as a Jigger. It has markings on its inside for 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 1 1/2 oz measurement, covering all the common measurements.
9. Cocktail Shaker Set: 4pc Boston Shaker Set
- We know that not everyone needs the most expensive cocktail shaker or a variety of accessories. A reliable shaker set is not necessary for everyone. It should have the basics and it shouldn’t cost too much. This is the reason we created this shaker set.
- This set is high-quality and will last a lifetime. It’s also very affordable. The shaker lid can be difficult to lift at first but with some practice you will be mixing drinks like a professional. Let’s look at the key features that make this set so great.
- We want to start by mentioning the professional shakers in this Boston shaker set. The set includes a 28 oz, 18 oz, and a professional shaker. They fit together perfectly and are made from 18/8 stainless steel.
- They are easy to clean and won’t corrode because of their stainless steel construction. The set includes a cocktail strainer as well as a double-jigger. We believe that this set contains everything you need to mix up your favorite drinks.
10. Bartending Kit – Professional – Stainless Steel Bartender Kit
- NAU Zone’s professional-grade kits are built around a Boston Shaker. It consists of a large shaker with separate tin and a larger shaker. The kit also includes a separate strainer and all the other tools you would need behind the bar’s counter.
- The pro muddler, cocktail bar spoon with a fork at the other end, and five liquor bottle pourers are some of our favorite items from the kit. Everything is dishwasher safe, so there’s no need to worry about cleaning up afterward.
11. Barillio Elite Cocktail Shaker Set
- They have provided all the essential accessories for home bars, including a drink shaker, mojito mudler, bar spoon, jigger and 2 liquor pourers.
- These superior design barware toolsets are subject to rigorous inspections in the U.S.
- The cocktail kit is practical, elegant, and durable enough to be used daily. This cocktail set is made from SS304 stainless steel, which is a high-quality grade of stainless steel.
- This smooth velvet bag will protect your bartender tools and bar shaker between uses. Ideal for transporting the entire bartending set to parties and friends.
12. Cresimo 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set
- This mixer is made from premium grade stainless steel. This best cocktail shaker is ideal for those who entertain regularly. It can make many cocktails, including martinis. It’s easy to clean and maintain. It is reasonably priced and will last for a long period of time.
- It is often difficult for beginners to find good recipes. The booklet includes many tried and true recipes. This product is a top-quality product, which is why it is number 1.
- This is a great personal cocktail shaker, both for professionals and beginners. The book includes an illustrated recipe guide.
13. Cocktail Kingdom Leopold Weighted Shaking Tin Set
- The Leopold Shaking Tins have been added to our tin collection! These professional-grade Shaking Tins are made by the same company that makes the industry-leading Koriko Weighted Shaking Tins. They’re designed to be easy to separate after shaking. This set of 2 Leopold weighted tins has a capacity for 2 drinks. Dishwasher safe A genuine Cocktail Kingdom product.
- These tins come in standard sizes of 18 and 28 ounces and are made from commercial- and home-safe stainless steel. These Boston shakers should not be used by novice bartenders. You will need to feel how the shaker feels in your hands to seal them and prevent spills. Boston shakers are easier to clean than average cobbler shakers. There are fewer places to scrub making them ideal for fast-paced bars.
14. SNOWFOX Elegance Collection Double Wall Insulated Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker
- This shaker is made of high-quality food-grade stainless steel. It has double-walled construction to ensure your hands don’t freeze as you mix up your favorite cocktails. The shaker is easy to use and hold, thanks to its dry and warm finish.
- Vacuum insulation prevents ice from melting so that your cocktails remain icy cold between pours and your countertops are clean and dry. You can use the insulation as an ice bucket.
- This unique design uses a silicone gasket to create a seal between the lid and shaker that is leakproof and airtight. There’s no mess from shaking to pouring into your martini glasses.
- The shaker’s inner wall takes on the temperature of the ice, while the vacuum insulation prevents ice from melting. This ensures that cocktails don’t get dilute between pours.
15. Piña Barware Stainless Steel Commercial Bar Boston Shaker
- Pina Barware’s solid shaker set is next. It’s well-worth a spot on any list of top cocktail-making equipment. What are you getting for your money?
- First, you can choose between a single pack or six packs of shakers. The value pack is a great value if you are looking to set up commercial premises.
- You get shakers made from high-grade stainless steel that can withstand a lot of punishment, even in a chaotic and high-demand setting.
- These tins can be used together. The 18oz capacity of one shaker is enough to hold 28 oz of your favorite cocktails. However, the base of smaller shakers doesn’t seem to be as strong. What more could you want in a cocktail shaker set than welded weight caps or a tight seal?
16. Tablecraft Stainless Steel Top Boston Shaker
- Bartenders need both a cocktail shaker as well as a jigger. This elegant one combines both of them to remove the need for memorization in mixology. Who wants to know the exact proportions of every cocktail?
- This shaker’s transparent walls provide guidelines for measuring the ingredients for a martini or mojito, Long Island Iced Tea, margarita or cosmopolitan. Even tips on garnishing each drink are included. These measuring marks are great for beginners, but they will also be useful to more experienced mixologists. The lid doubles as a jigger and makes it easy to make one, two or three drinks at once.
- This shaker measures a little differently. It is made of thick, durable glass with a strong sealing surface that will not slip while shaking. To avoid measurement marks from fading, hand washing is highly recommended.
17. Appolab Cocktail Shaker Set with Martini Kit
- This cocktail shaker set includes all the tools necessary to make your own cocktails. It is unique because it doesn’t easily get bent or scratched so it won’t easily be damaged.
- The Appolab cocktail shaker set should be considered if you’re a bit careless in the kitchen and accidentally break glass containers or bump plates onto counters. It is resistant to scratches so you don’t have worry about it scratching surfaces.
18. Aloono 11-piece Cocktail Shaker Bar Set
- Aloono’s 11-piece cocktail shaker set is nearing the end of our search. But, are they any good? The tins are made of food-grade stainlesssteel. The shaker has been strengthened, thickened and weighted to ensure that it doesn’t get damaged or distorted even after prolonged and heavy usage. Although it is intended to be used in a home bar or small commercial outlets, this tin can still be used in commercial outlets.
- The Boston shaker tins fit neatly into each other. When they are inserted together, the airtight seal ensures that you have a smooth pouring experience. This is a common mistake made by cocktail shakers.
- This set includes a strainer that is precision-engineered with an extremely strong spring to ensure your fruit pulp and ice don’t get into your final cocktail.
- A number of users suggested that a stand could be an excellent addition to the set. However, we feel that you are getting an exceptional overall value.
19. Godinger Dublin Cocktail Shaker
- Godinger’s classic cocktail shaker includes the cap strainer. However, what it lacks is vacuum-sealing capability, it makes up in looks. The shaker is a combination of silver and crystal.
- It will look equally elegant on your bar cart as when you use it. Its etched details make it a truly stunning piece. It can hold 17 ounces of drink and is great for parties.
20. Simple Modern 20oz Cocktail Martini Shaker
- When the cocktail needs to remain cold for 30 seconds, why do you need a double wall insulated cocktail shaker? It’s all about comfort. The traditional stainless steel shakers can get cold and are uncomfortable to hold.
- However, Simple Modern’s elegant cocktail shaker will keep your drinks cool on the outside while keeping you warm on the inside. This shaker, like all Simple Modern products, is available in a variety of colors. You can also find jigger measures on the lid of 1/2 oz or 1 oz. You can make a few cocktails quickly with the shaker that holds 20 oz.
21. Martini Mixer Built-in Strainer,Drink Shaker by LUCKYGOOBO
- This professional designed set of drink shakers is perfect for any occasion. It is beautiful and easy to use. It can be placed in a dishwasher and is free from rust. A built-in strainer is a great addition. This best cocktail shaker will not leak or spill.
- Because spills and leaks can cause chaos and make your party embarrassing, it is important to use the correct product. Make sure to clean the shaker well after each use to ensure that no residue remains. The seal could become brittle. This is the perfect cocktail shaker if you’re looking for something high-quality, user-friendly, and durable.
Buying Guide for the Best Cocktail Shaker
Mixing a drink is easy and inexpensive. It’s easy to entertain friends at home. We compared the performance of different products after researching and testing them out. We are happy to share some of the useful information we have found.
The Best Cocktail Shaker Types
The Cobbler Cocktail Shaker
The Cobbler Shaker set includes three pieces. The main container is included as well as an in-built strainer. The strainer has a lid that can be attached to the main container while it is being shaken. When pouring the beverages, you don’t need to use a separate filter.
The Boston Cocktail Shaker
It has two parts: a metal tin cap and a glass cap. This is preferred by professional bartenders to a cobblershaker. You can make more drinks in a smaller volume and prepare them faster. It is easy to clean and manage.
The French Cocktail Shaker
French Mixer is a 2-piece set. Both cobbler and Boston styles have their own qualities. This set is two-piece like Boston and has the same design as the cobbler, but it doesn’t have the strainer.
Most cocktail shakers made of metal are stainless steel, which is easy to clean and doesn’t rust. Some models, however, are made of plastic. Boston shakers have a larger glass than the one inside. However, some models have a smaller second Tin in place of the glass.
Quality of Lid
Most users complain about the lid not fitting tightly enough. Spills and drips can be caused by a loose or poorly fitting lid. A mixer with a quality lid will prevent any mess.
Select a design that is completely on the counter. These products can easily tipple because of their rounded edges. Choose the one that has an evenly distributed weight so it will stand straight and without support.
You don’t have to be an expert mixologist. You should research thoroughly and make a list. Then, look for the best one.
Cocktail shakers are available in many sizes and usually come in ounces. Small shakers, usually 8-10 ounces, are made to make one drink. Large shakers, 60-ounces, are for serving at large parties.
Consider how many drinks you want to make, and then choose the right size. We recommend a 24-ounce model if you are unsure. It can hold two to three drinks, but is still manageable for most people.
Make sure you are comfortable with the weight of your cocktail shaker. This is particularly important if you intend to perform fancy tricks when mixing drinks. A slightly heavier weight is a good thing. Many Boston cocktail shakers come with weighted tins that can help prevent leakage. A weighted shaker can also make it easier to do tin spins and stalls.
Taste of drinks
Ingredients will affect the taste of your drink. It will affect the taste of your drinks by the quality and cleanliness of the ingredients. The quality of ice also matters. A countertop icemaker is a great option, but you can also use a portable one.
There are many kinds of mixing products on the market. Price is an important factor in deciding on the right product. A good product can be found within your budget. Do not choose a product based only on its price. You might be disappointed by the quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I buy a cocktail shaker that comes with a range of accessories?
Some cocktail shakers come as a complete set, including ice tongs and strainers, spoons, muddlers, and strainers. The amount of seriousness you have about cocktails and the availability of accessories will determine whether or not you need to buy a shaker. You don’t need many accessories if you only make occasional cocktails. However, if your goal is to master the art of making cocktails, you will need many accessories.
2. Which type of cocktail shaker is best for a beginner?
The Cobbler shaker is the best shaker for beginners to make cocktails. It has a strong seal between your tin lid and the strainer and allows you to simply add your ingredients, shake them, then pour them out.
3. Is the top of a cocktail shaker an ounce?
The lid of a cobbler shaker can double as a jigger. The lids weigh about an ounce. However, larger cocktail shakers like OXO’s will hold up to 2oz.
4. Which cocktails need to be shaken?
Any drink that contains citrus should be shaken. Why? You activate the citrus by shaking it. This removes all bitterness, making it light and fluffy. Citrus and spirits also have different densities. Mixing the ingredients properly requires that you shake them and stir. Drinks that only contain spirits like Negronis or Manhattans should be stirred. However, if you prefer to shake your drink, it won’t harm the drink.
It is not easy to find the perfect cocktail shaker set. This market is very competitive and there are many ineffective sets. These duds can be avoided by reading the reviews and following our buying guide.
You will need a cocktail shaker to make your drink at home, regardless of whether it is a martini (shaken but not stirred), manhattan or mint julep. Although the world of cocktails may seem confusing to someone who isn’t a bartender, once you learn how to distinguish your Cointreau from your cobbler, you will realize that you don’t need to be a pro to make a good daiquiri.
How do you find the perfect cocktail shaker? You’re in the right spot if you need any assistance.