Are you looking for an ice machine to use in your cafe, convenience store, or restaurant? You can find the best commercial ice makers with bins in our buyer’s guide.
Commercial ice makers make it easy to get ice cold drinks quickly and efficiently. These appliances are made for true beverage enthusiasts who don’t want to compromise on temperature. Because of their ease of use and affordability, they are quickly becoming a popular choice for home appliances. Commercial ice makers can quickly make ice, some producing the first cubes in as little as 10 minutes. To help you get the best cubes, we reviewed the most innovative ice makers on the market.
When choosing the commercial ice-making machines for your location, there are many important factors to consider. There are many factors that can affect the performance and quality of your commercial ice maker, including its size and production capacity. This comprehensive guide will help you navigate the vast world of commercial ice-makers. This buyer’s guide can help you choose the best commercial ice maker for you, whether you are looking to buy a new or used one.
List Of 16 Best Commercial Ice Maker Reviews
1. Manitowoc UDF0140A NEO 26″ Air Cooled Undercounter Dice Cube Ice Machine
- Manitowoc NEO UR-0140A commercial ice maker is one of your best choices. It can produce regular-sized ice cubes, and it is made from stainless steel. It can be easily integrated into any bar or other environment because of its stainless steel.
- You can even fit it under a countertop. It won’t get in the way of your work or take up too much space. It’s also quick to produce ice, so you don’t need to wait for customers to get more. It’s durable enough to keep you supplied with ice as your needs change.
2. Scotsman C0330SA-1 Prodigy Plus Ice Maker
- Scotsman models produce 350 pounds per day and use less energy and water than other nugget-ice machines. It is finished in stainless steel and measures 30x24x23 inches. It has indicator lights that will inform you of any maintenance requirements and the status of its operation. The warranty covers labor and parts for three years. It also covers the compressor, evaporator, and condenser for five years.
- Scotsman C0330SA-1 can produce up to 350 lbs of Ice per day. The AutoAlert(TM), indicator lights, constantly communicate the operating status of the ice machine to your staff and signal when it is time for you to descale, clean, and so on. This makes upkeep virtually foolproof. WaterSense’s adaptive purge control ensures maximum reliability and a shorter interval between cleanings.
- Scotsman Ice Machines are easier to maintain than ever thanks to their easily removable panels. This allows for easy access to the internal components and displays the diagnostic code so you can make the right repair the first time. The outside can be easily removed to access the reusable air filter.
3. Sunpentown UNDERCOUNTER ICE MAKER STAINLESS STEEL DOOR
- This is the most economical option for bars that need to keep their costs down, but it might not be the best choice when it comes to quantity. The machine can produce up to 12 pounds per day of crescent-shaped, ice. It can be used for smaller tasks, however, it is a good choice to put under the counter. The removable ice bin holds up to 6 lbs of ice.
4. Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- Euhomy’s freestanding commercial ice maker design can solve your problem. The commercial ice machine can make 100 lbs of ice per hour and has a 33-lb storage container. You don’t have to worry about overflowing ice cubes because the automatic overflow protection of the ice maker machine makes it safe. This ice machine portable can provide enough ice for your entire family.
- Euhomy’s commercial ice makers have ETL certification. This makes them more versatile than other stand-alone ice makers. This ice machine can be used as both a household and commercial ice maker. The ice maker is portable and can be used anywhere.
- The commercial ice maker is outfitted with an LCD panel. The control panel can perform any function or operation. The temperature displayed on the panel is indicative of the ambient temperature. This will remind you to be aware of the temperature in order to make ice efficiently. Adjusting the ice-making process can be used to adjust the cube size. When you press the clean button, the industrial ice machine will automatically clean itself.
5. hOmeLabs Freestanding Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- For most restaurant owners, a fully functional commercial ice machine is the best option. The hOmeLabs Freestanding, Commercial Ice Maker Machine makes that dream a reality. It comes with everything you need to install, run, and function with high efficiency and precision.
- The appliance can produce 99 lbs. This model can produce 99 lbs of ice per day and has an 11-20 minute cycle. It also comes with an ice spoon, water supply hose, connector, and a water draining pipe. The only thing you will need is a power cord.
- This hOmeLabs freestanding model will satisfy those who want minimal installation and a low price. This model is highly recommended by a number of websites. We also found it to work well for most businesses.
6. Hoshizaki KML-500MAJ 30-Inch Air-Cooled Crescent Cube Ice Maker
- The Hoshizaki commercial ice machine can produce 442 pounds of crescent-shaped, solid ice per 24 hours. It is only 30 inches in width so it will fit into most restaurants.
- A stainless steel fascia is sleek and easy to clean. The machine also includes a stainless-steel evaporator, which will extend its life. It can hold up to 500 pounds of ice, so it is easy to keep up with the rush.
- The cycle saver technology in the system will reduce your energy bills and the internal monitoring system will alert you to performance problems before they become serious.
7. USzon Built-in Stainless Steel Commercial Ice Maker
- Costzon is the commercial ice maker that has the most versatility and the best overall. The Costzon commercial ice maker is in the middle-sized range. The Costzon is a handy icemaker that produces 200 watts of power. It can also be used free-standing. This ice maker can make 110 pounds of ice in 24 hours. Extra storage space has a weight capacity of 33 pounds.
- It is made from stainless steel which makes it rust-resistant. It takes approximately 12 to 18 minutes for the ice cycle to complete. This ice maker is easy to use, has a great design, and produces ice that looks like a bullet. This ice maker can be installed almost anywhere you have access to water and drainage.
8. VEVOR 110V Commercial Ice Maker
- VEVOR may be the best choice if you’re looking for a commercial ice maker with serious power. This stainless steel freestanding ice maker is strong and durable. It can be easily integrated into any interior.
- It is 200lbs in weight and can produce 400lbs of ice per hour or 156 delicious, crystal-clear cubes in a single cycle (between 8-15 minutes). Each cube is 0.9 inches in size, making it easy to insert into bottles with small openings. It has a 350-pound ice storage capacity. You can rest assured that your cubes will not melt within 5 to 7 hours of being stored with heat insulation.
- VEVOR’s modern design allows for fully automated operation. The advanced LED panel features many buttons, including water storage, ice full schedule, ice thickness adjustment, and auto clean.
- The ice maker includes a thoughtful set of accessories: ice scoops and water draining hose, water connector, water supply cable, and water filter. The VEVOR icemaker is efficient, simple to use, and easy to monitor. The compressor comes with a 5-year guarantee and parts come with a 3-year warranty.
9. COSTWAY Commercial Ice Machine
- The Costway Commercial Ice Maker can produce 88 lbs of Ice per day. It also has a compact design (Built-in or freestanding). It can be used with regular household electricity and is UL-approved for commercial usage. You can see the amount of ice in the bin’s 8.8-pound storage container through the viewing window that is lit by an LED light.
- This unit is very efficient and has many great features. The unit will automatically switch to ice preservation mode if the ice storage has reached its maximum capacity. This mode is intended to preserve your ice for a longer time. Once the ice has been removed from the storage container, it will make new ice.
10. Deco Chef Commercial Ice Maker
- Produces up to 99 pounds of ice per day This commercial ice maker can make fast ice and store up to 33 Lb of ice, keeping it cool and ready for use.
- Whether you’re a restaurant owner who requires large quantities of ice or simply can’t get enough at home, our stainless steel Ice Machine pumps out 45 large ice cubes every 11-20 minutes
- The package also includes an Ice Scoop and Installation Hosting so you can connect your Ice Maker to a constant water source and let it go to work. Additional accessories include water and drainage tubes, tube connectors, and a handy drink guide!
- It Features a Self-Cleaning Function that Takes Only 20 Minutes, So your Cubes Stay Fresh, Clean, And Blemish-Free. An LCD display lets you know the current status of your machine and external temperatures. The interface is simple and allows you to control a timer function as well as bay lighting.
11. Scotsman CU50GA Undercounter Ice Maker
- Scotsman’s CU50GA-1A is another great under-the-counter machine for ice making. This stainless steel ice machine is great for small businesses with limited space. This ice maker can produce approximately 65 pounds of ice per day, making it ideal for small businesses.
- It can also store 26 pounds of ice inside its bin. It’s also approved for outdoor use. This is great news for outdoor bars and other businesses.
- WaterSense technology is also included, which detects minerals and hard water. This technology is ideal for making sure that every beverage is topped with high-quality, high-quality ice cubes.
12. NewAir Portable Ice Maker 50 lb
- Countertop ice makers are compact enough to fit on kitchen counters. They don’t usually have the bandwidth required to make the large quantities of ice that busy restaurants and bars would require to chill their drinks.
- The NewAir ice machine surpasses all expectations and produces 50 pounds of bullet-ice per day. It has a 24-cup water reservoir and can be placed anywhere. It is best to keep it away from a stove or heat source as this will reduce its ability to produce ice.
- It has an LCD display that will let you know when the reservoir is empty, how full the bucket is, and the status of the self-cleaning process. There are three sizes of ice available.
13. Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- The Opal’s elegant design will impress your guests, even before they try the delicious ice it produces. It measures 15.5×10.5×17.2 inches. This countertop is perfect for any home. Clearance Sale – 3 Inches, sides, and back.
- In just 20 minutes you can enjoy soft, crunchy ice. It will taste exactly like the ice from your favorite restaurant. The Opal can produce 24 lbs of ice each day and the bin holds 3lbs.
- The Opal has Bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to set up your ice-making plan from your smartphone using the FirstBuild app. It detects when the bin has reached its maximum capacity, and will not overfill it.
- The reservoir can be plugged into any standard 120v ground (or standard) outlet to get water. The water will return to the reservoir as the ice melts. It will then be made into more ice. Reservoir Capacity: 2.5 quarts. Water Quality – Only use potable water, 12 gpg (205 mg/m) or less.
14. Linsion Commercial Ice Machine 88lbs/24h
- The Commercial Ice Maker Machine is powered by a powerful compressor. It can produce 88LBS of cubes per day in 12- to 18-minute cycles. The thick insulation in the new ice machine allows it to hold ice for up to three to five hours even after power outages.
- Equipped with a digital control panel, equipped with an LCD indicator to display water and ice-making function. You can adjust the ice-making time, thickness, and duration of the ice cubes by pressing either the (+) button or (-). The machine also has an automatic cleaning function.
- Available in stainless steel. You can either set it up alone or underneath a counter according to your needs. An attractive, sturdy stainless steel cabinet. Slide up and out of the way to access the door. The machine will be protected from humidity/water to a certain extent by the feet that can be adjusted.
- This is ideal for big families with an addiction to ice, such as restaurants, churches, and hotels. The compact design makes it easy to use as an under-counter unit or standalone unit.
15. Costzon Commercial Ice Maker
- The Costzon Commercial Ice Maker is one of the most affordable models available. You might think it would fall short in the areas where it matters most. This model is capable of producing up to 110 lbs, which is more than some of the more expensive models in its category. Each day, you can enjoy refreshing ice.
- The cubing water used by this model is also a huge 99%. This makes it extremely water-efficient. The unique heat dispersion process is also a feature of this commercial-grade icemaker.
- This model uses a powerful 200W air-cooled compressor to draw operational heat away from its freezing components. This ensures that all ice is structurally sound until it is needed. Another great option that won’t break your budget. It produces solid output, is easy to use, but also very affordable.
16. ROVSUN Built-in Stainless Steel Freestanding Ice Maker
- The ROVSUN commercial ice maker is one of the very few appliances in this class that has been certified by ETL. This unit is well-built and made from stainless steel. It has a long life expectancy and excellent performance. The unit also features a black frosted anti fingertip panel that sets it apart and makes it look more elegant.
- It is 63 lbs in weight and 33 lbs in storage. The ice can be controlled in thickness and you can get 48 cubes per 12-18min cycle or 100 lbs per day. This appliance features an intuitive LCD screen that allows you to adjust it to your requirements and an automatic cleaning feature.
- It is easy to set up and can be placed in any position you like. This appliance is a great choice for commercial buildings, restaurants, cafes, and homes.
- The ice maker includes many accessories, including 2 connectors, 1 ice scoop, drain and hose hoses, as well as numerous other accessories. ROVSUN Ice Maker comes with a 1-year extended warranty.
Buying Guide for the Best Commercial Ice Maker
Shopping for a new model of an essential kitchen appliance can be difficult. It is usually because of the complicated jargon and terminology used in commercial ice maker product listings. You will need to research every term to make sure you get what you want.
This buyer’s guide will help you to avoid all that. These are some of the most commonly used terms that you will see on listings and packaging for ice machines.
After you have read and understood each specification, you will be able to compare and contrast the models below.
Basic commercial icemakers simply make ice and stop producing once they reach their capacity. Advanced models can be customized with timers and energy-efficient modes. They also have the ability to produce the desired volume. Some models have timers that can be used to start self-cleaning cycles.
A commercial ice maker is an investment and requires regular cleaning and maintenance. Some commercial icemakers have self-cleaning cycles. Certain manufacturers also sell compatible cleaning products. You should have a maintenance plan for your ice maker, as manufacturer warranties can be void if you clean or repair the machine incorrectly.
Although they take up a lot of space, commercial ice makers can be easily hidden away. They don’t extend beyond a kitchen counter in terms of depth. Many can be mounted in cabinets or on walls like ovens and dishwashers. If you do not intend to place it in one of these places, ensure it is against a wall with a water line or power outlet.
What is the speed at which your unit can replenish its full ice supply? It is possible that all your supplies are gone by lunchtime if you don’t pack enough ice. What next? High production rates are a hallmark of a high-quality icemaker. A new round should be made in 20 minutes on average.
Below you will find information about the expected amount of ice that each model can produce. We also provided output capacity per cycle as well as production per 24 hours. However, it is important to note that the ambient temperature can have an impact on the ice maker’s production cycle. It will reduce the production rate if it is installed in an area with temperatures above 70 degrees.
A machine that can produce 100 lbs or more of ice per day is a good choice if you don’t want your customers to panic during rush hour. A unit that produces 80 lbs per day is suitable for you if you’re looking for one for your home.
Bulkier machines, which produce large amounts of ice daily, require a higher voltage. You will therefore need a wall outlet. While most commercial icemakers require a lot of power, there are still some that produce much more than the average.
You can also find units with powerful compressors (850W). Before you make a final decision, ensure that you consult an electrician if you have spotted such a unit.
Because you need ice fast, your purchase decisions are influenced by output speed. Smaller-output commercial ice makers can produce three to four pounds an hour. Larger models can produce up to four pounds an hour. Each model’s hourly output is different. This includes the speed at which the first churn takes place, and how fast the first ice cubes can be produced. Some models take less than ten minutes while others take more than 30 minutes.
The output speed of an ice-maker is measured in three ways. It can be expressed as to how fast it takes to produce the first cubes, how many it produces in an hour, or how much it can produce within 24 hours. These time periods are not necessarily relative. However, if you compare them with the same unit, you might be able to identify your choice.
A commercial icemaker’s bin capacity is the maximum amount of ice it can store. It doesn’t mean a freezer that holds ice after it has been made. Although the ice will eventually melt away, ice makers can still draw water from the reservoir to make new batches of ice. The ice maker will continue to run at maximum capacity, regardless of whether the melting or freezing cycles stop. The bin capacities of commercial icemakers in this category range from 80 to 150 pounds.
Type of use
What are you going to do with your icemaker? A smaller icemaker is best if you only use it for occasional drinks. A larger ice maker is better if you plan to host guests regularly at your home. Depending on the size of your staff, it could work either way for small businesses or offices. A larger model is better for restaurants.
A substantial warranty is a good idea for commercial ice makers. Each warranty is unique, so make sure you do your research to learn the details of what parts and repairs are covered. Manufacturers may ship parts directly to you for replacement, while others work with preferred vendors to provide more complex repairs and services. It is important to check who the vendors are for service-driven warranties. It may take longer for someone to come to your house or office if they aren’t in your immediate area.
Prices for commercial ice makers can range from $450 up to $2,000. Prices vary depending on the quality of the internal components and how many custom settings are used. The models at the lower end of the price range (between $450 and $600) are usually less efficient but have decent performance.
The mid-range units cost between $600 to $900 and are made with higher quality materials and offer more customization options. These units are great for people who host parties or businesses looking to expand their range of breakroom appliances.
The highest-output Commercial Ice Makers are priced between $1,000 and $2,000 These models can produce ice for longer periods of time and are more efficient. These models are geared towards large cafeterias and restaurants.
Troubleshooting Commercial Ice Makers
Your commercial ice machine will soon fail if you don’t care for it properly. There are a few simple fixes that you can do without having to call a professional. These are the top three quick fixes to try if your computer starts acting strangely.
1. Water Leakage
Start inspecting the connections as soon as you see water at the bottom of the ice maker. While there are many causes for this problem, most likely the issue is due to poor installation of water-carrying parts. If you find any problems, reconnect the connections.
However, calcification can cause cracks in your water lines and pipes, which eventually will lead to a leak. Follow the instructions in this article or your owner’s guide to clean and maintain your machine.
Your icemaker will restart frequently if it is not getting enough power. This happens when owners turn on their machines. It triggers the safety limit mechanism. This can be fixed by plugging the machine into an outlet that supplies enough electricity.
3. Shallow Cubes
It is very distressing to see hazy ice coming from an almost-brand-new icemaker. Check the water supply. If all seems well, it could be that the unit is not producing perfect cubes. This can be fixed by running a cleaning cycle.
1. Do I need to use filtered water to make commercial ice maker?
Although it is not required, some people report noticing a difference in the taste and clarity of filtered water. Some models include an internal filter that is rudimentary and must be replaced periodically to ensure optimal water quality.
2. How long can a commercial ice maker last?
Commercial ice machines can last up to five years. You can prolong the appliance’s life by cleaning it frequently and maintaining its parts. The machine will last approximately 10 years.
3. My commercial icemaker was not full, but it can hold more weight. It is okay to place my wine and beer bottles in the ice maker?
It’s unlikely, as it is easy to contaminate other ice. It can also be difficult to tell if you have added too much weight or ice to your bin. Therefore, it is best to use your unit to make ice for your beer or wine.
4. Do I need to drain my commercial ice maker?
Yes. Many manufacturers include the drain section in their owner’s manuals. A drain is essential to prevent ice buildup and ruin your machine’s performance.
5. How much electricity is required to make commercial ice?
It is dependent on the amount of ice that is being used. Energy Star certifications can be used to indicate that certain internal components are included in order to improve energy efficiency. Commercial ice makers also age more efficiently, which causes the price of older models to increase. This problem can be quickly fixed by replacing the unit.
6. Do I need to drain my commercial ice maker?
Most commercial ice makers need a drain to prevent icy buildup in unsuitable places. Also, refer to the Buyer’s Guide section “Drain” for more information.
How can you choose the best commercial ice maker from a wide range of amazing machines? You want one that is strong incapacity, has a high output per session, and is easy to use.
This article will list the top commercial ice makers for your home or business. These units are top-rated in terms of quality, price, customer satisfaction, and other factors.
You now have all the information you need to buy a commercial ice machine for your restaurant.