Ever wonder how chefs make such gorgeous cupcakes when you walk into a bakery? Perhaps you wondered what you were doing wrong when you noticed that your cupcakes weren’t the same size and were not baked evenly. The secret to baking the perfect cupcake is in the cupcake scoop.
Cupcakes first appeared in the 1700s. They made their way onto the baking scene in the 19th century. Cupcakes are a delight to eat. These little desserts are well-known for their small portion sizes, quick baking times, and easy-to-customize nature. In the early 2000s, chic cupcake bakeries emerged.
You only need a few ingredients to make the best cupcake. The ingredients vary from one dish to the next but generally include a meal, salt and cooking powder, butter, sugar, and ovens. You will also need cupcake liners and a cupcake pan. Here’s a list of the 10 best cupcake scoop reviews you can buy.
List Of 10 Best Cupcake Scoop Reviews
1. Cookie Scoop Set, Ice Cream Scoop Set
- Do you prefer thumb-trigger dishes? The Chee Mong Cookie Scoop may be the right choice for you. This set comes in three sizes of scoops. You can choose from a large ice cream scoop for cupcakes, or a medium size.
- You can transfer 1.5 tablespoons batter to the smallest of these three sites. This is a great site for small cupcakes as well as cookies and whoopie pie recipes. The 2.5-tablespoon scoop is best for medium-sized cupcakes. This scoop can also be used to make meatballs, melons, and ice cream.
- The largest size is the 5.25-tablespoon spoon, which is useful when baking large-sized muffins and cupcakes. You can rest assured that your needs will be met with the Chee Mong Cookie Scoop Set. The dishes are also well-made. The scoops are made from 18/8 stainless steel which provides them with great strength.
- Although the handles appear to be made of plastic, their interiors are made from stainless steel. The handles are covered in plastic to be comfortable to hold. The plastic cover has traction lines that give you a firm grip which makes it easier to use the dishes.
2. OXO Good Grips Large Cookie Scoop
- This scoop is great for baking perfectly shaped cookies. You can choose from three sizes of the scoop: small, medium, and large. With its 3 tablespoons capacity, the large scoop is best for baking cupcakes.
- The scoop is made for thicker and stickier cookie batters, so it’s perfect for scooping out cupcake batter. Its soft grip absorbs pressure and makes it easy for you to scoop out the batter. The dome-shaped scoop makes it easy to evenly distribute the batter in the tin.
- The scoop can be washed in a dishwasher, which makes it easy to clean. The durable scoop will last for many years, without rust or wear. This scoop is easily found in Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, as well as online.
3. Saebye Small Cookie Scoop
- The cookie scoop by Saebye is made of high-quality 18/8 stainless steel. This scoop is safe for direct food contact and food grade. Secondary polishing gives this metal ice cream scoop a shiny finish.
- Saebye’s cookie scoop is ideal for making soft and hard icecreams, melons, cookies, and many other things. It is best to not use it for hard stuff like sub-zero ice cream. It could reduce its life expectancy. This cookie scoop has an ergonomic design.
- They are easy to fit your paws and the handles are very comfortable. You will need to use the cause scoop to release the food object. The scooping of the food may not require you to exert a lot of effort. The scoop will not release smoothly from a spring-action device. The scoop is simple to use and will last a long time.
4. Tuilful Ice Cream Scoops Set
- The Tuilful Cookie Scoops come in three sizes. It is ideal for soft and hard ice creams, cookies, muffins, cakes, and pancakes.
- With ergonomic trigger systems and thoughtfully designed handles, it is easy to release cookie dough, ice cream ball, or meatball. These scoops are more practical and efficient thanks to the innovative cog-and ratchet system.
- The best cupcake scoops are made from premium food-grade stainless, with no toxic chemicals, nontoxic and nickel-free. This makes them safe for children and adults alike. Your food will be safe and healthy every day thanks to its rust-free and stain-resistant features.
- High quality 18/8(304), stainless steel. Strong and resistant to corrosion. The ice cream scoop is made with thickened handles and spoon bowls that will not easily break or bend. These versatile scoops are durable and glossy thanks to their mirror-polished surface and fine workmanship.
5. Norpro NOR- SCOOP, SANTOPRENE HANDLE
- This cupcake scoop is highly rated and holds 2 tablespoons of dough. It is a popular choice in the industry. Stella Parks, a contributing writer to Serious Eats, is a pastry chef and cookbook author who considers this her favorite cookie scoop.
- Many Amazon reviewers have noted that it is reliable, sturdy, and can withstand the test of time. You can also find this pick in a wide range of sizes, from 2 teaspoons to 4 spoons.
- The stainless steel scoop has a heavy-duty spring action that allows for the easy release of cookie dough. Cushioned Santoprene handles make it easier to scoop. It is best to wash this tool by hand in order to keep it in tip-top condition.
6. Apexstone Ice Cream Scoop Set of 3
- We have another set, which is a great option if you are looking for affordable scoops that can be used easily. The Cookie Scoop Set, like the previous model, is made from trigger-release dishes. There are three sizes: a small, medium, and large scoop. The smallest scoop, which can be used to make tiny cupcakes, measures 1.58 inches in diameter and holds one and a quarter tablespoons.
- The medium size has a diameter of 1.97 inches and a volume of 2.6 tablespoons. The largest unit has a diameter of 2.48 inches. This unit has a large capacity of 5.3 tablespoons. It can make large cupcakes. Rust can be a problem with your scoop. You can avoid it by choosing a dish made from a rust-resistant material.
- Apexstone cookie scoops are made from 304 stainless steel. This makes them strong, hard-bending, and resistant to rust. These scoopers will last a lifetime. I find the plastic handle very clever. You can hold the scooper comfortably and it will not slip on the plastic. The handle has grooves that allow you to grip the scooper securely without it slipping.
7. Pampered Chef Large Scoop 1790
- Another excellent option is this sturdy, stainless steel scoop. The scoop’s scraping edge cleans up the batter completely. While the springs can provide a strong scoop, they are still soft enough for the hands to grasp and squeeze.
- Fill the cup with cupcake batter to create a mess-free scoop. This will ensure that the cupcake cups are filled to the right level. It also leaves enough room for the batter to rise slightly. The Pampered Chef is dishwasher-safe, just like the OXO. It holds 3 tablespoons.
8. Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop
- Solula’s cookie scoop has been delivering better service for years. This scoop is very easy to use. Simply squeeze the handle to release the dough or ice cream. After a long scooping session, you will still have the spring in your scoop.
- You can easily slip on the gears, which provide troublesome service. This scoop is made of stainless steel with amazing consistency. It will not rust even if you use it often.
- This scoop can be used for different purposes, including scooping meatballs, fruit, and ice cream. This scoop will provide you with cookies of the same size and shape. The dishwasher is safe because this scoop is made of stainless steel.
9. Jenaluca Ice Cream Scoop
- The best high-quality option for baking tools for skilled chefs. 18/eight chrome-steel provides strength and energy. Constructed to last – heavy obligation. It will not pit, corrode, or rust. Mirror polished. Shines clean and dry.
- There are many uses for sorbet, ice cream, giant cookies, muffins, and Italian meatballs. Each bowl holds three tablespoons. Design that is ergonomic. Disher glides effortlessly without putting too much strain on your wrist or hand.
10. Tovolo Cupcake Scoop
- Are you looking for a new and different scoop? The Tovolo Cupcake Scoop is what I’m going to show you. This unit is designed to transfer batter evenly so your cupcakes bake evenly. It is also drip-free, so you can keep your counter clean while baking.
- The scoop’s design includes a contoured nylon front, a silicone plunger, and a comfortable nylon handle at its back. It can hold up to 4 tablespoons. You might be a little skeptical about the durability and performance of the scooper, especially if it is made from silicone and nylon.
How to Use Cookie Scoops
Buying Guide for the Best Cupcake Scoop
A cupcake scoop is so useful. It allows you to quickly scoop out the batter and then transfer it to the tins. This gadget makes it easy to work quickly and without contaminating your counter.
Nevertheless, it is important to remember this. It is important to shop carefully for the best cupcake scoops. Not all models are safe, reliable, and easy to use. To find the perfect dish for you, consider these factors.
Check the material of your scoop before you buy it. The material of the scoop will affect its safety, weight, and longevity. You can make a scooper from plastic, metal, nylon, silicone, or metal. Metal scoops are, unsurprisingly, the strongest. You don’t have to worry about your tool breaking or bending when you use a metal unit, particularly one made from stainless steel.
Because they aren’t contaminated with toxic substances, stainless steel portioners can be used safely. They last longer than other materials. Stainless steel scoopers can be more expensive, as you might have heard. The difference is negligible and you will see why stainless steel scoopers are the best option.
Nylon, silicone, and plastic all have their benefits. They are light and easy to transport. These are ideal materials, especially if you’re buying a scooper for your child. They are also cheaper than metal. Make sure they are safe before you buy them. To ensure that they are safe for food, look out for the BPA-free label.
Next, think about the size. You want to choose a size that is comfortable for the user. A comfortable handle and length are important. For adults, the ideal length is 7 to 9 inches. For children, however, the gadget should be shorter and the handle small enough to fit their little hands.
Also, consider the size of your mouth. Is it big enough to hold the batter you wish to transfer? The dimensions and depth are what you should be focusing on. It is easier to see the description of the scooper in tablespoons. For small cupcakes, you will need 1 tablespoon, for medium cupcakes, 2 to 3 tablespoons and for large ones, 4 to 5 tablespoons.
The release mechanism for cupcake batter is not critical. I assume you won’t use your scoop to make cupcakes. It might also be used for cookie dough. The release mechanism is critical in this case.
There are two types: the thumb trigger or the squeeze handle. While both are great, most people prefer the squeeze handle. It is easier and more convenient. You should also check whether the unit has a spring mechanism or a cog-and-ratchet system. This is a personal choice.
When shopping for kitchen tools, comfort is a key consideration. Comfortable scoopers will allow you to make many cupcakes at once and not feel like slaving over the kitchen. Comfort is something you should consider when choosing a scooper.
Manufacturers design scoopers with thick handles with a smooth finish. This is my opinion. Rubberizing the handles is a better option. Rubber-covered or plastic handles will not give you blisters if you work long hours. They are soft and very comfortable to use.
Sometimes the manufacturer may cut tiny grooves in the rubber or plastic cover. This improves traction and makes it easier to grip the material.
One unit or a set
You have two options when purchasing your scooper: one or a set. Your needs will determine which unit you purchase, but here are some things to consider. First, one unit will transfer one tablespoon of batter.
You can transfer different batter sizes if you have a set of different sizes. A set of portions gives you versatility. You can make different types of food in different sizes. A set may allow you to save money. A set can often be cheaper than purchasing individual scoopers.
If food debris is left on the scoop, it can attract rust. A dirty scooper can also be an eyesore. It is important to clean your scoop immediately after you use it. You can prevent the debris from sticking to your scoop and attracting rust. You also keep your scooper looking great.
It is important to think about how easy it will be to clean a portioner when shopping. It is also worth checking whether the unit can be washed in a dishwasher. This makes cleaning much easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What material is best for cupcake scoopers?
You have two options. One can buy a stainless steel scoop, one that is made from nylon or plastic, and the other one you can get in silicone. Although metallic scoops are stronger and last longer, they are heavier and more costly. While lighter and more affordable, the rest of these materials are not as strong.
2. How do you clean a cupcake scoop?
You have two options. You can either wash it by hand or you can put it in the dishwasher. If you choose to wash it by hand, use warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Make sure your scoop is dishwasher safe before you put it in the dishwasher.
A scoop is a must-have tool for anyone who wants to bake perfect cupcakes. The scoop can also be used to make ice cream, muffins, and meatballs. You can collect just the right amount of batter, and transfer it to the tins with the best cupcake scoop.
It can be difficult to find the right scoop. We have created a list of products that will help guide you through the process. You can choose from the following products if you’re looking to buy a cupcake batter scoop. We have done extensive research and found them to be reliable.
Keep these things in mind when shopping for the right scooper. Make sure the right size fits your needs.