For the good of their health and the environment, many people are switching to glass water bottles. You can enjoy water tasting better when there are no BPA, BPS, or phthalates in your bottle.
A glass water bottle is an environmentally-friendly option that’s also considered safer for human health than plastic water bottles. Glass is easy to wash and won’t retain any tastes or flavors. Glass is heavier than other materials, but there are still many great choices.
We have compiled a list of top-quality glass bottles from Amazon, based on our favorite high-quality brands and highly-rated ones. Although the sizes and usage options vary, all of these bottles are great for hydrating at both homes and on the go. These glass water bottles are leakproof, spillproof, BPA-free, and durable for all your drinking needs.
Benefits of a Glass Water Bottle
Glass water bottles are much safer than plastic and keep water fresher. BPA (Bisphenol A), a common chemical compound, is slowly leaching into the water. It’s used in the manufacture of plastics and other resins. BPA can disrupt hormones and cause other health problems.
Although many plastic water bottles today are BPA-free, they can become brittle after hundreds of washes. Plastic can be degraded by infusions of tea or fruits, particularly citrus. Because glass water bottles are made from other more durable materials, this problem is not a problem. They can also retain temperatures better and more efficiently.
Glass water bottles have one drawback. It’s less durable than plastic and stainless steel when dropped. You might consider a different material if you are clumsy or your water bottle takes a beating.
Have you thought of the glass water bottle idea? You are good. This is a great choice. There are many options available, from silicone-sleeved ones for at-home use to ones that can be worn on the go with shoulder straps. These are our top picks for sipping throughout the day.
List Of 22 Best Glass Water Bottle Reviews
1. Corkcicle 20oz Hybrid Canteen – Glass Water Bottle
- Triple-insulated stainless steel keeps drinks cold for 25hrs & hot for 12 hours.
- Flat sides ergonomically designed; silicone bottom that is non-slip – The Canteen’s patented, easy to grip sides will ensure it stays in your hands. It is protected from spilling and sliding by its silicone bottom.
- The canteen’s screw-on leakproof cap keeps liquid and air from escaping. This cap is stylish and protects your beverage. The canteen has the right size for you – sizes include 9oz (16oz), 25oz, and 60oz.
2. Yomious 20 Oz Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle
- The Yomious Glass Bottle offers great value and a wonderful combination of style, durability, and style. The silicone sleeve protects most of the bottle from being dropped but allows you to see the glass at the top.
- A bamboo lid adds style and sustainability to the overall design. The stainless steel insert in this lid means that your water is safe from any plastic contaminants. This glass is great for water consumption and morning commute coffee. It can withstand extreme cold and hot temperatures.
3. ZULU Studio Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve
- The 26oz Studio glass water bottles come with a ZULU lifetime guarantee. The bottle is designed for athletes and comes in two different color options.
- It features a non-slip grip, a lockable flip-up lid that prevents leakage, and an integrated hook so the user can drink straight from a glass. The ZULU Studio glass water bottle is a great choice for athletes and offers a very affordable MSRP.
4. Takeya Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve and Twist Cap
- The Takeya Classic bottle surpassed the rest due to its durability, functionality, and ease of use. This bottle is easy to carry around, thanks to its leak-proof, twist-off cap. The silicone sleeve protects the bottle and provides a firm grip. The “window” allows you to check the level of your beverage.
- The whole bottle can be put in the dishwasher. It is also easy to fill up with fluids or ice. This bottle is made of thick glass so it may not be ideal for long hikes and other outdoor adventures.
5. Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle
- The 20-ounce water container is stain-free and odor-free. It also features a lockable one-touch lid that makes sipping simple. You can flip the lid open with a touch of a button, so you don’t have to stop and turn while you are at the gym or driving to work.
- To protect it from chips and cracks, the silicone sleeve is also included. The water bottle is dishwasher-safe. This means that you don’t have to take out the silicone sleeve in order to clean it. BPA-free and food-grade silicone are used in the lid, sleeve, and mouthpiece.
6. Epica 18-Oz. Glass Beverage Bottles
- This set of six Epica Glass Beverage bottles is suitable for cold beverages such as water, kombucha, juices, and smoothies. The sleek design of the clear glass bottle with stainless steel screw cap adds class to everyday life.
- This model allows you to prepare juices and smoothies in advance by allowing you to use six bottles at once. It is lightweight and portable, yet can hold up to 18 ounces.
- The thick glass bottles are dishwasher-friendly and have a large mouth that allows for easy refills. To prevent air infiltration and leakage, the cap is lined with rubber O-rings. The protective sleeve cannot be included so make sure you take reasonable care of it.
7. bkr Little Smooth Jet – 16oz – Glass Water Bottle
- Founded by two female partners, bkr aims to promote water and skin health. The idea behind bkr was to promote water consumption and give the skin a glowing complexion. The silicone sleeve slides off the durable glass making it dishwasher-safe.
8. purifyou Premium Glass Water Bottle
- The Purifyyou Premium glass water bottle is available in a variety of stunning colors. They also come in singles and multi-packs. It’s functional and attractive and looks great as a family water bottle.
- This glass is high-borosilicate glass. This glass is more resistant to heat than most other types of glass used for water bottles. If you plan to use your glass water bottle for hot drinks, this is the glass that you need. The glass can be recycled 100% and does not contain any harmful chemicals or unwanted flavors. BPA-free, lead-free, PVC-free, Phthalate-free, cadmium free and reusable with a high-impact-resistant food-grade silicone sleeve.
- The cap is easy to remove and can be accessed quickly. It has a large mouth that can hold fruit and ice, but it is narrow enough to drink comfortably without spilling.
- The glass water bottle has no leakage. It is also kid-proof. It has a unique stainless steel cap inside that prevents water from touching any plastic. The cap is made of polypropylene plastic which resists chemical corrosion and leaching. This plastic is commonly used in kitchen storage products such as Tupperware.
- The Purifyou glass water bottles are both stylish and portable. The Purifyou glass water bottle is smaller and lighter than standard water bottles, making it easy to carry around. Even the 12 and 22 oz bottles can be carried in your purse. They can be made small enough that they will fit in the lunch boxes your kid’s love. Although they can fit in those cup holders, not all cars are guaranteed to have them.
9. EQUA Glass Water Bottle
- The EQUA is number 2. This is our favorite bottle and it’s perfect for long hours at the gym or in the yoga studio. High-quality borosilicate glasses ensure clean tasting water. The felt outer cover helps to insulate the bottle and allows for hot or cold beverages.
- The bottle has a simple yet elegant design. It features a twist-on, spill-proof metal cap and a silicone interior that protects the water’s flavor. It can also be used anywhere the bottle is placed, including the gym.
- Although glass water bottles are designed to be used in specific situations, the EQUA water bottles can be used on any surface. The bottle is equally at home on your yoga mat or at the conference table. You can choose from four different colors to match your mood and style for the day.
10. CamelBak 1275401070 Eddy Glass Water Bottle
- This CamelBak model has a straw to make drinking water easy and drip-free. The same great glass bottle design is available with all the options that you like.
- CamelBak is a trusted and loved name in the water bottles industry. It’s no surprise that one of their products made it onto our list of top glass water bottles. This bottle is unique because it has a straw and silicone mouthpiece that control the flow of water.
- Simply flip the drinking straw, take a sip of your favorite beverage, and then bite the silicone mouthpiece. The silicone material is durable and easy to clean.
- The lid has a handy carry loop that can be hung onto a carabiner or wrapped around your fingers. The silicone sleeve gives you a great grip even when you aren’t using it. The silicone sleeve provides protection from drops and bumps, as well as protection against breaking. CamelBak comes in many colors to suit your taste.
11. veegoal 25oz, 18oz Borosilicate Glass Water Bottles
- People worry about purchasing a glass water container because they fear it might be heavy or bulky. But the Veegoal Glass Bottle will make that worry disappear. The Veegoal Glass Water Bottle is compact and can be placed in almost any cupholder, including cars, strollers, backpacks.
- The bamboo lid features a silicone seal that prevents water bottles from leaking. Veegoal offers a 90-day warranty on the lid. If it breaks, Veegoal will replace. Protecting your bottle from chips and cracks, the protective sleeve also adds a splash of color. You can choose from nine colors.
- This bottle is made of borosilicate glass. It is heat and shatterproof. It can withstand extreme temperatures both hot and cold. Your Veegoal water bottle will handle any type of beverage.
12. Ello Devon Glass Tumbler
- The Ello Devon glass drinking containers are great for juices, smoothies, and tea. It has a splash-resistant friction-fit lid that makes it ideal for those who are always on the go. The silicone sleeve protects against cracks and chips.
13. W&P WP-PWBG-TZCH Porter Glass w/Protective Silicone Sleeve
- W&P Porter offers beautiful, sustainable cups, bowls, and mugs that you can use in your kitchen. The water bottle is also available in trendy terrazzo colors, which sell out frequently.
- The 16-ounce bottle is great for tall iced coffees while on the move, while the 20-ounce water bottle is perfect to carry around. The silicone sleeve protects food-grade borosilicate glasses and can be washed in the dishwasher without any sweat.
14. tronco 20oz Glass Tumbler Glass Water Bottle
- The Tronco Glass tumbler is a fashionable water bottle that will complement any trendy office or home. The Tronco Bottle is luxurious with its ergonomic shape and straw that allows for easy sippin’.
- We’ve found that having a straw lid encourages us all to drink more water throughout our day. The bottle is great for all things: no chemical taste, better for the environment, more hydration, and a good look.
15. Ello Aura 24oz Glass Water Bottle
- Ello’s Aura 24oz is a stylish bottle with a silicone sleeve. It provides ample grip and protection. The Aura’s protection is assured by a window between the two sections.
- This bottle is 100% dishwasher-safe. Simply push the button to open the flip-up lid. This item weighs in at less than 1.5lbs despite its premium-quality glass construction.
16. Swig Savvy Sports Glass Water Bottle
- Are you unsure which type of cap to use for your water bottle? Swig Savvy bottles have a classic twist-off cap, a straw spout that is easy to use, and a flip-lid lid cover.
- This allows you to choose the right top for your needs. Made of durable, chemical-free, and temperature-resistant glass, this bottle doesn’t transfer taste and odor, so you just get fresh, pure flavor.
- You can keep your bottle safe from drops and bumps with the non-slip silicone sleeve.
17. Sursip 32 oz Glass Water Bottle
- This glass water bottle holds 32 ounces. It also comes with convenient accessories, such as a shoulder strap and nylon sleeves. It’s easy to transport and you won’t have to put it down as often, making it less likely that you will accidentally forget it.
- It has a 2-inch mouth opening that allows you to add ice to your drink and the stainless steel lid will not leak. It’s less likely that you’ll drop it thanks to the nylon strap and sleeve. It’s also made from borosilicate glass, which is non-reactive and won’t leech chemicals into the water.
- You can also use the bottle in the dishwasher or essential oil mode. This means that you won’t have to worry about it deteriorating over time from adding a few drops to your favorite therapeutic remedy.
18. The Lotus Glass Tea Tumbler
- The glass tumbler from Sacred Lotus Love is made out of double-walled borosilicate glasses with a reinforced bottom. It’s lightweight and strong, which keeps your drink warm. This tumbler can be used with hot and cold beverages. It also comes with a Neoprene travel bag for extra protection while on the move.
- The package includes a strainer as well as an infuser basket made of food-grade stainless. You can use the bottle in one of three ways. The infuser basket can be filled with tea or coffee, while the strainer can be used to make flavored infusions.
- It is both small and light at 15 ounces. The natural bamboo lid has a silicon vacuum seal to prevent leakage. The glass is also neatly designed with an embossed mantra and lotus flower.
19. HydroMATE 32 oz Glass Water Bottle
- This glass water bottle is perfect for you if you have an annual resolution to drink more water. The bottle’s hourly time markers will help you remember to drink throughout your day.
- For those who tip the bottle too quickly, or if they are afraid of spilling it on their desks or laps, the straw lid in sport style is ideal. It is easy to grab on walks and hikes thanks to the convenient handle. This is a favorite of a buyer because it doesn’t alter the taste of water.
20. Kablo Glass Water Bottle 32 or 21 oz
- It is 100% high-density, borosilicate glass and contains no contaminants. It is BPS-free and lead-free. These high-quality borosilicate glass containers are made from uncontaminated organic materials. These glass bottles are safe for the environment, but they are strong enough to be used every day. You can even pour boiling water into them!
- The Kablo Glass water bottles feature wide mouths that measure 2 inches. This allows for plenty of space to add ice or make fruit and herb infusions.
- Kablo Glass Water Bottles have a leak-proof, air-tight lid. The cap’s exterior is made from stainless steel. The interior of the cap is made from BPA-free polypropylene. This type of polypropylene is free from Bisphenol A (BPA), which can be linked to various diseases.
- Polypropylene is more durable than other plastics and can withstand wear better. The silicone liner is 100% removable for cleaning. This lining prevents leaks. These glass water bottles are available in two sizes: 21 ounces and 32 ounces. To get your daily water intake, refill only once or twice. They can fit in cup holders provided they are of standard size.
21. Lifefactory 22-Ounce BPA-Free Glass Water Bottle
- For obvious reasons, Lifefactory is another favorite of ours. These bottles are made of high-quality glass, plastic, and silicone, making them both durable and healthy.
- There are 14 colors available, but there are also three sizes. We chose the 22 ounces option for our list because it is the ideal size for glass water bottles. It’s lightweight and portable, so it can be used for workouts or at work.
- Lifefactory offers three styles of caps to fit different lifestyles and activities. The press-n–go cap is similar to lids on tumblers. While the pivot straw cap and sport flip caps are popular lid options for sports bottles, they can also be used as a replacement for tumbler lids. You’ll also get a handy carry handle, no matter what cap you choose.
22. Brieftons Glass Water Bottles
- Brieftons glass water bottles have a modern, sleek design. The clear, simple glass is soda-lime, which is strong and can be used for hot or cold beverages. These bottles are chemical-free and do not retain stains or toxins like plastic bottles.
- The stainless steel lids can be sealed with a silicone ring to seal the bottle. They are leak-proof and airtight. The bottle openings are large enough to allow for easy cleaning. This purchase also includes a long brush for cleaning the bottle. These bottles have a slim design that makes them easy to store in your refrigerator, cupboards, bags, purses, and cupholders.
- These bottles can be used as multipurpose tools in your kitchen and home because of their simple design. These bottles can be used as juice containers, fermentation jars, and airtight jars.
Buying Guide for the Best Glass Water Bottle
Glass water bottles don’t fit everyone. Some bottles are ideal for use at the gym while others are more suitable for drinking casually at home. Others are made to be used with specific drinks, such as tea and protein drinks. Consider the following criteria to help you choose the right glass water bottle.
The size of your water bottle will depend on the way you use it and how heavy you are able to carry it. Glass water bottles can hold anywhere from 14 to 32 ounces of liquid. The most common sizes are 16 to 22 ounces.
Glass bottles weigh more than metal or plastic ones. It’s important to decide whether you need a large bottle to ride long distances on a bicycle or for running errands. You don’t necessarily need a large bottle if you have access to drinking fountains or tap regularly.
Lid and Mouth
There are two types of lids for glass bottles: flip tops and screw lids. Both lids work well but the flip top is quicker and easier to open. These flip tops are often found in models that are designed for outdoor and sports activities. Screw lids are better suited for elegant or minimalist designs.
It is also important to consider the size and shape. It should be large enough to allow for quick refills, whether from a pitcher, tap, or cooler, but not too big that spills are common. Also, consider whether you enjoy ice cubes and fruits in your drinks.
Some models may have a straw, which can be removable or not. It is possible to prevent leaks by using a silicone or rubber seal in the lid.
Water bottles are designed to be carried, so other useful features include cupholder compatibility, carrying straps, and an ergonomic design that is easy to hold.
The carry strap can be as simple as a looped cord at the sleeves, a tie between your bottle and its cap, or a ring. Instead of carrying the bottle with your entire hand, slip one finger into the loop or attach it to a belt or backpack.
Some bottles can be shaped to fit your hand so that you can hold them securely and comfortably. However, some bottles may not be able to fit in standard drink holders on cars and bikes. It’s all about where and how you plan to use it.
Design and Durability
Glass is durable in that it can be washed many times without fading. However, it remains inherently vulnerable to cracking or breaking.
While reinforced glass will not make a bottle breakproof, it will ensure that the broken pieces are small and uniform. Borosilicate is a type of glass that is often used by manufacturers. It is lightweight, durable, and can withstand high temperatures.
Another way to prevent breakage is with a protective sleeve. Many models include a silicone or Neoprene sleeve. The sleeve protects the bottle and adds to its aesthetic.
When choosing the right water bottle for you, think about how you’ll use it. You will want to be able to easily access the straw and button so that you can hydrate during exercise. Consider the size, weight, and functionality of the bottle if you plan to use it every day at work or while on the move.
Glass water bottles can only be washed by hand. This may deter people who prefer to wash them in the dishwasher. To properly clean the straw and bottle, take a look at our water bottle care instructions.
Water bottles come in a variety of prices. A water bottle you love drinking from and that is durable and long-lasting can be a great investment. You can choose a cheaper option if you don’t want to be embarrassed if it gets lost.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are All Glass Water Bottles Safe?
It’s difficult to know if every glass water bottle produced has been safe. However, we can generally say that all glass water bottles are safe.
A more fair answer would be to state that all glass water bottles are safer and healthier than metal and plastic due to the harmful chemicals found in these products.
2. Can glass water bottles be washed in the dishwasher?
ost glass water bottles can be washed in the dishwasher, but some lids are made from materials that are best used for handwashing. To avoid damage, make sure you read the label before you place it in the dishwasher.
3. Will a glass water bottle break in the freezer?
Glass water bottles should not be placed in the freezer. When liquids freeze, they expand rapidly. If you place a full container of liquid in a freezer, it will expand and cause your glass to shatter.
4. Are glass water bottles more efficient than plastic?
While plastic bottles can be harmful to the environment and are not recyclable, glass bottles can be washed, reused, and are 100% recyclable. BPA-free glass doesn’t absorb colors or flavors. You can use your glass bottle for kombucha or plain water, without flavor mixing or color transfer.
Hydration is essential for your overall health. It can help you maintain a healthy weight, clear your skin, and improve your blood pressure. A reusable glass water bottle can help improve your health as well as the environment. Glass water bottles preserve your water’s freshness and keep it chemical-free. They can also be recycled so that you can make something new with the glass.
It all comes down to how often you will use the new bottle. Is it going to the gym? What about the office? Is your glass water bottle going to be carried around in your bag or on your desk? Each product we’ve covered has its pros and cons. You just need to choose the right one.