This sounds unbelievable. In fact, people are still arguing about how to reheat fries in the oven or on the stove, which way is better? Follow the article below to learn how to heat up fries by the oven and stove.
How to Reheat Fries
1. Reheat Fries with the Oven
- Turn the oven to 230°C.
- Place aluminum foil over a rectangular metal tray (the one you can use in an oven). Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent fries from sticking to the tray during reheating. It also makes it much easier to clean.
- Place the potato chips on a baking tray. Make sure to spread the potato chips evenly so that each slice does not overlap. If the potato chips are stacked, they will be easy to stick together during reheating.
- You can add a pinch of salt, pepper or other seasonings to flavor the french fries.
- When the oven is ready, place the tray with the potato chips in the oven.
- You can freely use a toaster with a maximum heat of 230°C as a replacement for your regular oven. Just make sure to use a baking tray or pan that fits the toaster.
- Reheat the fries for 2-3 minutes. Open the oven from time to time and flip back and forth.
- Take the fries in the oven when they are golden brown, hot and crispy.
- Let the potato fries cool for 1 minute, then enjoy.
2. Reheat Fries on the Stove
- Use a medium-sized pan or cast iron pan to warm up the fries on the stove. It is better to use a thick bottom pan to make the fries more crispy.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan. It is great to use oils with a high smoke point, such as canola oil or grapeseed oil.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. The oil should start to smoke when you add the leftover fries.
- Place the fries in the pan and stir so that the fries are covered with oil. The oil-coated potato chips will be more crunchy and will not burn.
- Stirring continuously while warming. This will avoid the fries from sticking to the pan and not burning.
- Use a spatula to pry the fries stuck to the pan.
- Heat the potato chips for 3-5 minutes. The reheating time depends on the thickness of the potato chips.
- When French fries become crispy and have a golden brown color, it indicates that they have been warmed up.
- Get rid of excess oil by placing the potato chips on a paper towel-lined dish, then pat dry the oil.
- Serve and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why shouldn’t we reheat French fries in the microwave?
The french fries meet the “delicious” standard when the potato pieces have a crispy outer shell and the inside is soft. If you reheat leftovers in the microwave, the flavor will change.
Potato chips tend to water run from the inside to outside, and when the liquid sticks to the outer skin of the potatoes, it will soften and turn your fries quickly into steamed potatoes. Microwaves make the potato chips soft inside and out and less delicious.
The taste of the potato chips at this time will probably not be delicious anymore. That is why you should not try to microwave the french fries.
2. Is extra oil needed when reheating French fries in a pan?
French fries that are left for a long time will lose their taste, and improperly reheating them will be chewy or burnt. For reheated fries to taste like new, it’s best to heat them up on a frying pan, just like with pizza.
- Place the pan on the gas stove to medium heat
- Wait until the pan is really hot
- Spread the potatoes to the pan to make sure the potatoes are crispy.
French fries are usually oily so there is no need for extra oil when frying. But if you want the fries to be really crispy and flavorful, you can pour some oil into the pan before frying again. The best way is to use butter to re-fry the potatoes, but you can also use soybean oil, peanut oil or sesame oil to re-fry them.
3. Should we let the baby eat a lot of french fries?
The answer is no.
Although French fries are a delicious snack. However, you should not overfeed your baby because potato chips have low nutritional value.
If you regularly feed your baby French fries as part of their daily diet, they will not have enough nutrients to meet the needs their body needs during this stage of development. This junk food does not contain vitamins or minerals, but also takes the place of foods with more nutrients.
Eating healthy junk food can make up for any nutrient deficiencies in the meal. Therefore, if you choose this dish instead of a snack with high nutritional content for your baby, your baby will not absorb enough nutrients.
4. Do French fries raise blood pressure?
The salt content of french fries negatively affects the heart health of humans. Eating a lot of salt can cause high blood pressure, leading to stroke, heart failure, coronary artery disease and kidney disease. 28g of french fries contains between 120 and 180 mg of salt. Thus, if you eat french fries regularly, it means you are consuming more salt than you need.
We should limit salt intake to 2.3g per day. People over 50 years old, people with high blood pressure, kidney disease or diabetes should not consume more than 1.5g of salt per day.
5. Do French fries raise cholesterol?
The answer is yes.
Regular consumption of french fries can contribute to high cholesterol levels due to the amount of these fats found in french fries. Most French fries are deep fried, this process creates trans fat – the most dangerous type of fat. In addition, the oils used to fry potatoes are usually saturated fats, which also contribute to high cholesterol levels.
6. Does eating French fries make weight increase?
This fries snack is rich in fat and calories, which may increase your risk of weight gain and obesity. In general, 15–20 pieces of french fries contain about 10 grams of fat and 154 calories. The link between french fries and weight gain is much higher than weight gain caused by other foods including processed meats, sugary drinks and red meat. Being overweight or obese also increases your risk of diabetes, heart disease and some forms of cancer. Therefore, you should only eat French fries occasionally.
Hope this article has provided you with some useful tips about how to reheat fries. With our guide, you will always have deliciously delicious crispy fries to enjoy!