This keto-friendly dish is a meal where you can feel good about yourself! The cream cheese and cucumber make it fresh, while the shrimp marinade adds an extra kick. Just be careful not to overdo the spices in this recipe – just a pinch will do.
The “keto cucumber sushi roll” is a low-carb, ketogenic diet friendly food that can be made with cucumbers. The recipe is simple and easy to follow.
Romana Levko last updated this page on March 30, 2022. I earn money as an Amazon Associate by making qualifying purchases.
Go to the Recipe
This variation of the popular Cucumber Shrimp Roll-Ups on a Keto Diet is stuffed with creme fraiche, avocado, shrimp, and pepper (bell), and it’s my personal favorite. Although it may seem easy, this method produces rolls with a nuanced flavor that nearly mimics shrimp sushi.
Sushi is one of my favorite foods, and my desires for it might strike at any time. I usually make cucumber rollups when it occurs. They are ideal for the keto diet since each roll has just 2 grams of carbohydrates.
These keto shrimp roll-ups come together quickly. It will just take you approximately 15 minutes. They’re versatile enough to be served for lunch, supper, or even as a snack.
Contents Table of Contents
Here’s Everything You’ll Need
There are just eight Ingredients in this recipe because I wanted to make it basic and easy to locate. You’ll need the following Ingredients to create these low-carb shrimp roll-ups:
- cucumbers that are long
- juice of lime
- creme fraiche
- Sheets of seaweed
- pepper (bell)
- seasoning for everything bagel
You may use guacamole for the avocado if you want to speed things up a little. However, I strongly advise you to create it yourself. This way, you’ll have complete control over the substances you use. Try this keto guacamole recipe if you don’t know how to prepare it.
Combine and contrast
What I love about this keto recipe is that you can Combine and contrast different low-carb Ingredients to get different keto cucumber rolls each time. Nobody likes to eat the same thing over and over again. So I’m sure you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I do since it’s incredibly versatile and offers lots of variety.
Here are some suggestions:
- Cucumber salmon roll-ups – use the same Ingredients as the original recipe, but substitute smoked salmon for the shrimp;
- Make a tuna salad (simply combine tuna, mayonnaise, fresh chives, chopped dill, and sriracha), lay a seaweed sheet on top of the cucumber slice, put the tuna salad on top of the sheet, and wrap it up;
- Cucumber chicken roll-ups – create this keto chicken salad, place it on a cucumber slice, then wrap it up using this recipe;
- Vegan cucumber roll-ups – make some guac, spread it over a cucumber slice, place inside your favorite veggies (pepper (bell), red onion, radish sticks, etc.), and then roll it up.
Cucumber Roll-Ups on a Keto Diet
The first step in preparing keto cucumber rolls is to slice the cucumbers. You’ll need a food peeler or a vegetable slicer for this. I’ve tried both of these approaches, but I find that using a food slicer is the best way to slice the cucumber lengthwise. However, if you like thinner slices, a food peeler should be used.
You may begin constructing the keto roll-ups after you’ve prepped your cucumber slices and all other components. This is how you do it:
- On the cutting board, place the cucumber slice.
- Cut the seaweed sheet to the width of the cucumber slice. Set it to one side.
- On top of the seaweed layer, spread the mashed avocado.
- Spread the creme fraiche on the avocado.
- Place your other Ingredients on top: pepper (bell) slice, cucumber slice, and shrimp.
- Roll up the cucumber slice and sprinkle it with some seasoning for everything bagel.
If you want to make sure the cucumber roll-ups don’t come apart, use a toothpick to hold them together.
When it comes to serving these keto cucumber roll-ups, I generally opt for some soy sauce. However, since not everyone in my family like it, I provide them with alternative sauce choices. Here are a couple delicious sauces to go with these cucumber roll-ups:
Alternatively, you may eat the Cucumber Shrimp Roll-Ups on a Keto Diet plain, without any extra sauce.
The thing with these keto cucumber rolls is that they’re best served as soon as possible after you’ve cooked them. Alternatively, if you have any leftovers, you may keep them in the refrigerator for up to one day. Because these roll-ups include mashed avocado, they will darken with time. As a result, the sooner you consume them, the better.
Cucumber Shrimp Roll-Ups on a Keto Diet
I love sushi! When my sushi cravings hit me unexpectedly, I always make these cucumber rollups. They are perfectly compatible with the keto diet since one roll has only 2 grams of carbs and is so yummy—loaded with creme fraiche, avocado, shrimp, and pepper (bell). They only take about 15 minutes to make and can be served for lunch, dinner, or even as a snack.
15-minute prep time
15 minutes total
Dinner, Lunch, and Snack
Calories (kcal): 114
- 6 big cooked and peeled shrimp
- 6 cucumbers that are long slices
- 1 peeled and mashed avocado
- 1 tsp juice of lime
- 6 tsp creme fraiche
- 6 Ocean’s Halo Sheets of seaweed
- 12 cucumber slices, sliced into six sticks
- 1 small pepper (bell) cut into six sticks
- 3 tsp seasoning for everything bagel
- season with salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, place the avocado flesh and mash it. Add the juice of lime, some salt, and pepper, and mix.
Lay the cucumber slice on a cutting board. Cut out a seaweed sheet to make it fit the cucumber slice. Place it on one side of the cucumber slice. Spread one teaspoon of mashed avocado on the seaweed sheet. Next, spread one teaspoon of creme fraiche on top of it. Then place one shrimp, one cucumber stick, and one pepper (bell) stick. Repeat for the next five cucumber roll-ups.
Each cucumber slice should be rolled.
Sprinkle with the seasoning for everything bagel and serve with some soy sauce on the side.
Calories: 114 kilocalories 11g Carbohydrates 3 g protein 7g fat 2g Saturated Fat 1 gram polyunsaturated fat 4 g monounsaturated fat 7 milligrams of cholesterol Sodium: 157 milligrams 633mg potassium 5 g of fiber 5 g sugar 857 IU Vitamin A 30 milligrams of vitamin C 56mg calcium 1 milligram of iron
cucumber shrimp roll-ups, low-carb supper, low-carb lunch, low-carb snacks, maki, makizushi, shrimp, shrimp sushi, sushi, sushi roll
Keto sushi rolls are a great way to enjoy the flavors of sushi without having to worry about carbs. The “keto sushi rolls” is a recipe that has been shared by Tastylicious.
- keto sushi
- keto california roll
- sushi wrapped in cucumber no rice
- keto sushi crab
- cucumber sushi roll no rice calories