Many of us have had the chance to use ice makers in our freezer and fridge combination. There are also those who make ice using ice trays, a tub, or some other container to keep the ice from melting. Nugget ice makers are the new trend, regardless of what experience you have had with ice-making.
Nugget ice, a rare and delicious type of ice, is available. Nugget ice is commonly known as the “chewy ice at Sonic”, but it simply enhances your drinking experience. It can cool down your drink faster, reduces the amount of liquid in your drink, and is very tasty to eat. We’ll be reviewing the best nugget ice makers and letting you know if they live up to your claims.
Nugget Ice Makers vs Sonic Ice Makers
Sonic ice and Nugget ice are the same. However, Sonic ice is a trademark so “Nugget” or “Pellet” are terms used by companies to describe this type of ice.
This ice is not to be confused with crushed. Crushed ice can also be used to quickly chill drinks, but the process of making it is entirely different.
Crushed ice is made up of large cubes of ice that have been broken down into smaller pieces and flakes. The Nugget ice machine works in a different way. These machines make ice by freezing ice flakes in layers and freezing them together. The nuggets are able to form tiny pockets of air through this process. This results in a soft texture that is more easily ingested.
What is Nugget / Sonic Ice?
There are many small pleasures that you can enjoy in life. One of these is chewing ice after a refreshing drink. It’s almost like eating dessert after a great meal. The perfect ice must be small, crunchy, and easy to chew to not hurt your teeth. This is where nuggets ice comes in. Nugget ice is a small lump made from a lot of ice flakes. It looks similar to regular crushed ice at first, but it is soft and easy for you to chew. Sonic, an American fast-food chain, popularized it. Sonic ice is also known as Sonic ice.
Sonic is well-known for soft, chewy ice. Many customers stop by the store to get cups or bags. This is a long-standing tradition. However, they didn’t create nuggets of ice – even though they knew how to make a profit.
Scotsman Ice Systems, which was founded in 1981, invented the first nugget-ice maker. They offer many options for ice making, including sonic ice machines. Although it is not common to find pellet ice in restaurants and houses, you may have seen it at other establishments. Because of its softness, bartenders and ice-chewers love it.
List Of 15 Best Nugget Ice Maker Reviews
1. Manitowoc RNS-0244A Nugget Ice Maker
- It can make up to 172 lbs of nuggets ice per day and can store up to 40 lbs of ice in its bin. Although the bin capacity is smaller than that of the Snooker machine’s, it should still be sufficient for most uses. Manitowoc also offers machines with a higher production capacity like 300 pounds.
- The RNS-0244A pearl maker is smaller than the Snooker machine. It is 33-3/16 inches high, which is the same height as Ice-O-Matic and Scotsman units. The Manitowoc machine is 3-4″ deeper than the models reviewed, so you will need a deeper countertop in order to install it in your work area.
- The RNS-0244A commercial Sonic Ice machine has a sliding door, rather than swinging open. This allows for more space. This will make it easier to open the unit in tight spaces. RNS-0244A is a very expensive nugget ice maker. However, it also has a strong-duty stainless steel construction that resists corrosion. Although it is advertised as an outdoor ice maker, Manitowoc does not claim that this model is suitable.
2. GE Profile Opal | Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- It measures 7.5×13.43×16.5 inches and is small enough to fit in a household. It’s also one of the very few household icemakers that makes nugget ice.
- The ice bin can hold 3 lbs of nuggets ice and produces up to 24 lbs per day. Each cycle takes around 20 minutes. It can be activated either physically or via Bluetooth (with an app).
- This ice machine comes with a 1-year warranty from GE. Register your product immediately through the GE website if you choose to go this route. This way, you are covered in the event of an emergency.
3. Prime Home Direct Counter Top Ice Maker
- This nugget portable ice machine is a great choice if you are looking for a low-cost, high-quality product. This portable ice maker makes excellent nugget ice, and it is highly rated.
- The nugget maker can make a batch of ice in as little as 8 minutes. Although it can make 26 pounds of ice in a single day, it is not clear how many.
- The machine is small and portable, so it can be taken with you wherever you go.
- These smart features are built into the ice maker. The ice maker is not designed to overflow. It will shut off automatically if it reaches full. It is quiet and efficient during operation. You will find a basket and an ice scoop included.
4. NewAir Nugget Ice Maker
- The NewAir Sonic Ice Maker’s fastest speed is one of my favorites. You can have your first batch ready in a matter of minutes. This ice maker is one of the fastest on the market.
- While other nugget ice makers can take up to 20 minutes to make, the NewAir impressed me by making the first batch in 5 minutes. This is due to the high-power cooling system that NewAir used in their icemaker, which makes it more efficient than any other nugget maker.
- There is also a self-cleaning feature and water recycling to make any unused ice available for freezing again. You don’t need to worry about the icemaker being on too long.
- The NewAir ice maker is very simple to use. The NewAir ice maker is compact and efficient, simple to clean and use. The front has only two red lights and one power switch.
- There are no dials or other buttons. You can turn it on and off. The one light indicates when the icemaker is full and the other when it has run dry. The lid of the ice maker has a small transparent panel that lets you see how much ice you have left.
5. Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- FirstBuild is a well-known name in home appliance manufacturing. This is why we chose it as our top choice for the best nugget ice maker. This unit is made of stainless steel and has a sophisticated look. You can see through the glass window how full your ice bin is, without needing to check it again.
- The Opal 01 has an indicator light that blinks when water is low, so you don’t have to manually check your water reserves. It is extremely small and can be placed on countertops.
- It can produce up to 24 lbs despite its small size. It can produce up to 24 lbs of ice per day and has a storage volume of 3 lbs. This makes it ideal for small parties or daily use during the summer months. The FirstBuild app can also control the remote operation feature.
- The easy-to-use features enable automatic ice production and the recycling of meltwater. You don’t need to worry about ice overloads and puddles of liquid. Now you can have ice whenever you want it.
6. Linsion Commercial Ice Machine 100lbs/24h
- This LINSION is the best option for your business, whether it’s a coffee shop, restaurant, or bar. This LINION is a great tool for making ice cubes quickly and easily in 12-18 minutes. It also comes with a small container that can be used to fill small soft drink bottles.
- The Linsion Commercial Ice Maker is also multi-taskable. All you have to do is install the pipe correctly. It is also made of high-quality material, which makes it durable for long-term use. This LINSION product is suitable for your finances and will help your business grow significantly.
7. Manitowoc CNF-0201A-L Nugget Ice Maker
- Manitowoc offers ice makers with larger capacities. This ice maker/water dispenser can be used in small offices or large families. The nugget ice maker can be used on its own or placed on top of the counter. There is enough space for you to breathe.
- This stainless steel ice maker also has an internal condenser. This machine has LED indicators and a water replenishment alarm that lets you know when it is in need of attention. The auto-defrost feature ensures that it doesn’t freeze, but you will need to clean it.
- The built-in water dispenser provides ice-cold water when you need it. The lever-activated ice dispenser makes it easy to use and requires no scooping. With its large storage capacity, you can fill your cooler. Manitowoc’s ice machine can make up to 315 pounds of ice in just 24 hours. You can store enough ice in a 10lb bin to last you most of the day.
8. Frigidaire Counter top Portable Nugget Ice Maker
- This machine is small and portable. It’s also very affordable. It is 17 pounds in weight and can produce up to 26 lbs. It can produce up to 26 lbs of ice per day. This is sufficient for a family, but not enough for large parties. The Frigidaire Nugget Ice Maker has a beautiful design. It comes with a transparent lid so that you can see what is happening inside.
- Frigidaire’s portable, freestanding icemakers have finally arrived on the market. You can choose from a variety of sizes, colors, and finishes that will seamlessly fit into your existing decor. These models have durable exteriors and see-through windows.
9. KBice Self Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- KBIce Countertop Nugget ice Maker is a self-dispensing ice maker that delivers ice straight to your glass. If the scoop falls out, you don’t need to worry about storing it or having ice everywhere.
- The best part is that this self-dispensing machine is very easy to use. The buttons are easy to understand: clean, make and dispense. It’s simple to add ice to your drink when you are ready. There are no water hookups required. Add water to make ice, then press the start button. It’s as easy as that!
- This ice maker is ideal for those who don’t require a lot of ice at once. It only holds 1 lb. There is 1 lb of ice per bin. The KBIce Countertop Nuggetice Maker is a portable ice maker that makes excellent nugget ice. The company also offers 1-year parts and labor warranty in case anything goes wrong.
10. VIVOHOME Stainless Steel Electric Portable Compact Countertop Automatic Ice Cube Maker
- The VIVOHOME Portable Ice Maker does not make the best nuggets ice maker, as it is similar to the IKICH. The VIVOHOME and IKICH ice machines are great if you’re looking for chewable ice.
- Because of its small size and lightweight, we chose it to be our top choice for portability. It is lightweight at just 21 pounds so you can easily move around with it. It can be used in an RV, boat, or on the camping grounds.
- Simply turn the machine on/off, select the ice size you prefer and need from the control panel. Automatic overflow protection ensures that there will never be any mess or ice tray issues.
- A compressor cooling system is used to ensure quiet operation. The top lid has a full-view window that allows for process monitoring and ice level checking.
11. Scotsman UN1520A-1 20-Inch Air-Cooled Nugget Undercounter Ice Maker
- This nugget ice maker measures only 20 inches in width. With the use of a floor mounting kit and the air vents located in the front, the machine can be mounted under 34 inch ADA countertops.
- The slide-back door has an ergonomic design and provides adjustable legs, ice scoops, a power cord, and Nema 5-15P plug.
- This unit is built to last. The auger and the evaporator are both made from stainless steel. Side panels are made of an aluminum alloy that is resistant to corrosion. The unit’s front panel is corrosion-resistant and heavy-duty, which adds years to its life expectancy.
- This air-cooled, under-counter nugget maker is intended to safeguard the health of both people and the planet. It conforms to the US Safe Drinking Act’s low lead requirements and is energy-star compliant. It is also eco-friendly, as an R-134a refrigerant.
12. IKICH Portable Ice Maker
- This transparent channel allows you to see the ice in your ice basket without opening the lid. It is very resistant to stains and easy to clean.
- The nugget ice maker also has 2 infrared sensors, which notify you when the water reservoir is empty and when the ice tray is full. Once the ice basket has reached its maximum capacity, the ice maker will stop. This allows you to refill your water reservoir and collect the processed ice.
- It is simple and fast to use. The machine can produce large or small-sized ice, depending on your preference. The machine produces 9 bullet-shaped ice cubes in just 6 minutes and weighs 28 lbs. It can produce a total of 9 pieces of bullet-shaped ice cubes in 6 minutes.
- The machine must be disconnected from an electric source and then emptied. You can wipe the machine clean with a damp towel and let it dry. The machine also has a drain plug, which allows you to drain and clean it easily.
- The IKICH Portable Ice Maker is small enough to fit in your pocket, even if you have a lot of space. This machine would look great on your countertop.
- A quiet machine that produces powerful results: The machine has a built-in spoiler to reduce unnecessary noise. This machine is quiet and produces excellent results without making as much noise as regular machines.
13. Costzon Commercial Ice Maker
- If you are looking for a machine that can make ice fast, this is the best nugget ice maker for you. This ice machine will give you an impressive and outstanding ice making capacity.
- In just 12 minutes, it can make 48 ice cubes. It can hold 110 lbs of ice for 24 hours. This machine is a great assistant for coffee shops and beverage shops.
- You can also place the machine wherever you like. The product is made from premium quality stainless steel and has a longer service life. It also requires less repair. This machine is energy-efficient, which is another plus.
14. AGLUCKY Counter top Ice Maker Machine
- Next, we have a sleek and red option. You can choose from black or stainless steel if you don’t love red. This makes bullet ice, but it is very similar to nugget-ice. It is small, chewable, and airy as nugget-ice.
- The nugget ice maker can be placed on the countertop and is compact and portable. It is lightweight, so it can be easily moved around or carried to where you need it.
- The fan design with an open space allows for airflow, making this model both quiet and efficient. Each batch can hold approximately 26 pounds of ice and takes only 8 minutes.
- The cooling system keeps the nuggets cold inside the bin. This makes your ice last longer and saves energy. You can see through the clear door and indicators. It is simple to use and can be adjusted according to your needs.
15. Igloo ICEB26WH Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- IGLOO’s compact design makes it the ideal choice for families with 2 or 3 members. It can be seen how it makes ice cubes. The lid also features an LED indicator light and a stylish control panel. This allows you to know when the ice has reached its maximum storage capacity.
- This unit can make 26 pounds of ice per day and can be made in just 7 minutes. The viewing window lets you see the ice is formed and the 2-pound ice container ensures that there is enough space for all your beverages.
- You can choose between small and large ice cube sizes. The panel also lets you know when water should be added and how full the ice basket is. Ideal for pool parties, office parties, dorm rooms, and other occasions.
The Nugget Ice Cubes are very handy and simple to use. Delicious fruit juice cups can be made for your family. If you own a business, the best nugget ice maker can help you reduce the cost of raw materials while making your customers feel more confident about the quality and safety of their drinks.
There are many ice makers on the market today with different prices and designs. You need to take into account many factors, such as machine capacity, price, and machine making time. A machine that costs a lot may not be the right one for you. The best nugget maker is one that meets your needs.
To help you choose the best nugget ice maker, we have compared and analyzed all the available options. To compile the best nugget ice machine lists, we compared and evaluated them on their price, storage capacity, and production rate.