You’re looking for the best pressure cooker for canning, not just to preserve sauces, fruits and vegetables but also to speed up your cooking time by as much as 70%. A pressure cooker can be a great tool, whether you need to quickly cook meat or make barbeque sauce for dinner.
Pressure cooking is a great way to save energy and make meals more delicious. It’s also very useful for canning. This guide will show you how to choose the best pressure cooker for canning you can buy.
List Of 17 Best Pressure Cooker for Canning Reviews
1. Mirro 92122 92122A Polished Aluminum Pressure Cooker for Canning
- Mirro 92122A Pressure Cooker/Canner is another highly-rated pressure cooker suitable for canning. It is made from sturdy, polished aluminum and has a durable, rustproof body. Double-stacked, it can hold 16-pint or 7-quart jars. There are three settings for cooking pressure: 5, 10, and 15 PSI.
- The product’s notable features include a sure-locking lid that prevents accidental opening or spilling, a side gasket to release pressure slowly and safely and a rubber gasket that fits inside the lid to avoid pressure buildup.
2. All American 921 Canner Pressure Cooker
- The All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure cooker for canning is a classic design. The All American pressure cooker canner is made of aluminum and has a satin finish. It has a simple-to-remove lid with no gasket.
- This will ensure that you don’t have to search for replacement parts. It has an easy-to-read pressure gauge that tells you how high your pressure is. You can also set the weighted regulator to 5, 10, or 15 PSI. In case of canner overpressure, it has an emergency release valve.
- This canner is extremely heavy-duty and built to last for multiple generations. It is heavy at 20 pounds. This means that many people will put it on the stove to empty or fill it. Although it is more expensive than many other options, the fact that your grandkids and children can use the canner makes it worth the extra expense. You get what you pay in this instance.
3. Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum canner Pressure Cooker
- This 16-quart pressure canner is a classic and has stood the test of time. It is similar to the USDA’s pressure canner guidelines.
- It can hold ten pint-sized canners and, like larger canners with seven-quart jars. It can also double as a water bath canner, allowing you to store pint- and half-pint-sized jars of high-acid foods.
- This aluminum pressure cooker works with gas, electric, or glass ranges. It does not work on induction cooktops. You can adjust the pressure required for safe canning at high elevations using the dial pressure gauge.
4. T-fal Pressure Cooker, Pressure Canner with Pressure Control
- This pressure cooker for canning is the largest on the market. This cooker makes it easy to prepare large quantities of food in a matter of minutes. This cooker is very safe while it cooks. It has excellent pressure monitoring, which is one of its key features. It is a pressure canner that has many unique attributes and features.
- This T fal polished aluminum pressure cooker/canner has a large 22-quart capacity. It looks delicious, healthy meals quickly and efficiently using heat, steam, pressure. This cooker is also less time-consuming than traditional cooking methods.
- You can make large quantities for easy cooking, freeze leftovers, and preserve summer’s bounty year-round by canning fruit and vegetables. The cookware can 16 pint-size jars, 26 half-pint size containers (when double stacked), or 7-quart jars at once when canning.
5. All American 21.5 QT Pressure Cooker Bundle
- The top-rated canner in our review. This canner has everything you need for canning your fruits and vegetables, as well as the ability to can meat. Its aluminum frame is strong and durable, so it can last generations.
- The All American 921 pressure cooker for canning is part of a series that offers the safest method for home canning. U.S.D.A. The U.S.D.A. recommends pressure canning for all meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables. This unit can prepare large quantities of food, and pressure cooks inexpensive cuts of meat to tenderness.
- It also has the ability to heat up quickly. All American Pressure Canners have an exclusive, precision-machined “Metal to Metal” sealing system. Positive action clamping locks align and seal the cover to the base, creating a steam-tight seal. The cover can be opened and closed easily because there is no gasket.
6. Ball freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner and Multi-Cooker
- Ball FreshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner can hold 21 quarts when it is used as a multicooker or seven 1-quart jars for canning. This speeds up the process of preserve a harvest. This unit is compact and easy to store thanks to its removable base.
- The lid has rubber-coated handles that make it easy to use, even without the need for potholders. It is a great gadget for many kitchen tasks, including safe pouring tea, coffee, and other beverages.
- Canning production can be set up next to the sink, allowing for easy draining using the onboard spatula. Users love the intuitive interface. They simply need to turn the heat dial to activate the canning set.
7. Buffalo QCP430 32-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- The Buffalo cooker can hold 32 quarts. This makes it possible to can on an industrial scale. To ensure safety, the lid has a German-engineered mortise joint and tenon joint.
- It is easy to clean and can be used on any cooktop, even induction. There are also lifetime warranties on the outer and inner pots.
- The stainless steel handles are best for commercial use as they provide strong support for heavy-duty food items and power burners.
8. Presto 02144 12Qt Digital Canner
- Although pressure canning is not difficult, it can be tedious to set up. To make it easier, the Presto 02144 was created.
- The Presto 02144 12Qt digital canner is advertised as the USDA’s first and only accepted electronic canner. It guides you through the entire canning process and alerts you when it is time to move on.
- This is its most important attribute. Dial indicators are dull and often imprecise and require a lot of focus at the beginning of the process. The automation eliminates the need to adjust for elevation. Instead of increasing the pressure by five psi increments, such as weighted gauges, the machine sets it at the exact level.
- Presto Precise can be used as an electric pressure cooker. The Presto Precise is large so it is great to be able to move it around.
9. Granite Ware Pressure Canner/Cooker/Steamer
- Granite Ware’s 20-quart multipurpose canner is a great choice. The aluminum anodized finish makes it easy to use and doesn’t affect the flavor of food. You can use it as a steamer, water bath canner, and pressure cooker.
- The model has a pop-up pressure indicator, which locks the lid in place and prevents it from being opened when the canner is under pressure.
- If the pressure exceeds the set weight, the vent pipe in the lid will vent steam to lower it. The all-metal safety valve made of metal will vent pressure if the pipe becomes clogged. It will also be whistling alert you if it does.
- This canner does not have a pressure dial, but instead, it is controlled by a 3-piece regulator system with 5, 10, and 15 PSI settings. The 20 qt. Granite Ware pressure canner holds up to 7-quart, 8-pint, and 24 half-pint containers.
10. Power Pressure Cooker XL 6 Quart
- The Power Pressure Cooker XL does not look like your average canner. This canner is smaller than your average, but it has many more functions.
- This canner is suitable for canning, pressure cooking, rice cooking, and steaming. You can also get it in 8-quarts and 10-quarts sizes. This canner features a manual steam release and dishwasher-safe parts.
- The Power Pressure Cooker XL makes it easy to prepare your favorite slow-cooked meals up to 70% faster. Flavor infusion technology locks in nutrients and flavor for delicious and healthy cooking. Can be used to can fruits and vegetables.
- Features include 1-touch preset buttons with nonstick and dishwasher-safe inner pot, safe lock lid and manual steam release, digital panel, automatic keep-warm mode, and safety features.
11. Roots & Branches FruitSaver Aluminum Steam Canner
- Let’s start with the best pressure cooker for canning. This pressure canner, which is made by Roots & Branches, lives up to its name. It will preserve your food as well as the branches and roots of your trees.
- It is very simple to use. It only takes four steps to pressure can foods. It is also easier to place the jars on the bottom with the flat rack that comes with the kit.
- The heating time is also faster than other options. It will take less time to heat up so you can start the processing process faster.
- The indicator also has a temperature indicator. The indicator allows you to can food precisely by displaying the inside temperature. This indicator will tell you when the lid can be taken off. You can move the lid around with the silicone handles on its body without getting burned.
12. Presto 01784 23-Quart Induction Compatible Pressure Canner
- Presto has added a stainless-steel-clad base to the 23-quart pressure canner. Pressure canners are usually made of aluminum. It can be used on electric, gas, and smooth-top ranges. If you have a glass burner or portable induction burner, it is a good idea to verify the burner specs.
- These burners may not be strong enough to withstand the full weight of a canner. Because they lack the heat power required for the canner, portable burners may not be a good fit. The induction canner has a stainless steel bottom and is basically the same as Presto’s 23-quart aluminum pressure canner.
- It works on all gas, electric, smooth top, and induction ranges. For fast and even heating, it is made of heavy-gauge polished aluminum with a stainless-steel-clad base. The cover lock/air vent prevents pressure from building up by closing the cover properly.
13. Carey DPC-9SS, Smart Pressure Canner & Cooker
- A small pressure cooker for canning is required for canning a medium-sized family. For such households, a pressure cooker with a storage capacity of 8-10 quarts is the best choice. Carey DPC-9SS Pressure Canner & Cooker are a great option.
- The stainless steel body has a high heating performance and is immune to chemical reactions. This cooker has been voted the best stainless-steel pressure canner.
- The CAREY Smart Canner & Cooker is a great kitchen appliance that combines safety, performance, versatility, and style. It will quickly become a favorite. The Smart Canner & Cooker is designed to prevent common mistakes that can cause food spoilage or damage during canning.
- Multifunctional safety features allow you to control the pressure and keep it under control. Multi-functional digital displays and pre-set programs provide the tools you need to can fruits, jams pickles, salsas, and other items with consistent results.
14. Zavor DUO 10 Quart Multi-Setting Pressure Cooker & Canner
- The Zavor Duo Stainless Steel Pressure Canning Set, which is the last pressure canner in our review, is perfect for chefs who want a starter set. Although it doesn’t have as much capacity as other canners reviewed, this unit is perfect for small canning tasks.
- Although the 10-quart capacity may seem small, it is a great choice if you don’t need much or don’t use pressure canners often. For smooth movement in the kitchen, the canner has large ergonomic handles.
- This starter kit includes everything you need to pressure canner, as well as all the accessories. The Zavor is the best product for chefs with smaller kitchens. Although the canner is still heavy, it’s safe to use on glass ranges.
15. NESCO NPC-9 Smart Pressure Canner and Cooker
- The NESCO NPC-9 can be used to simplify and speed up canning. It is easy to scan many foods with pre-set programs. Continuous pressure regulation, an automatic float valve, and a locking lid are all safety features.
- They work together to ensure that the lid fits correctly and doesn’t open until there’s no pressure in the pot. The insert, which holds a 9.5-quart pot, is made of nonstick aluminum for ease of cleaning. The body is made of durable stainless steel.
- The insert can hold up to four 1-quart canning jars when placed in an upright position. The insert can also be used to slow cook, pressure cook, or brown vegetables and meats in order to reduce cooking time and speed up after-meal cleaning.
16. korkmaz Turbo 7 Quart Stove Top Pressure Cooker
- A pressure cooker for canning with a lid that is secure can make the whole process much easier. Korkmaz offers a similar device.
- This one, unlike many others, has a strong body. It is made of heavy-gauge steel and aluminum. It will be difficult to place dents and may even become unusable when flexed.
- It also comes in three sizes. There are three sizes available: 5 quarts (7 quarts), 9.5 quarts, and 7 quarts. Each one of these comes with a similar material body, which is also resistant to corrosion and rust.
- These units are also very good at retaining heat. These units will be able to efficiently distribute heat to all jars you might use indoors. The general process will take less time because of this.
- Its features, along with its lid design will ensure that it remains stable on the surface. It also has a lock index, which will let you know if you have created a seal that is suitable.
17. T-fal P45009 Clipso Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Pressure canners with pressure control mechanisms will give you a lot of control over canning. This unit is a perfect example of such a unit, and it’s from T-fal.
- This unit is different from other units on the market. It has a selective pressure control system. You can choose from three pressure levels. It will release excess pressure if it exceeds the set amount.
- The unit’s overall construction is also very durable. The aluminum body is heavy-gauge. It is also resistant to rust. The lid included with it will make it easy to seal the container.
- Two canning racks are included with the unit. It can store both 16 pint-sized and 26 half-pin-sized containers. The overall capacity is 22 quarts. It also comes with a pressure monitor gauge at the top that allows you to closely monitor the pressure inside.
How to Use a Pressure Canner
Pressure canning involves several steps. Each step makes sure your food jars are safe to eat. Follow the instructions that came with your pressure canner and the NCHFP instructions.
You’ll be instructed to heat several inches of water and then add the properly sealed jars and seal the lid. The canner should steam for a few minutes before you begin timing. After the timer has sounded, allow the canner to cool naturally and then remove the lids and jars. These are the essentials, but safety is all about the details.
How to Choose the Best Pressure Cooker for Canning
You should consider performance and capacity when you start your search for a new pressure cooker for canning. A stovetop pressure cooker is better if you are interested in canning a lot. They have a larger capacity. You can also consider an electric pressure cooker, or a smaller stovetop model if you don’t require as much canning space.
No matter what you choose, ensure that the pressure cooker you purchase is safe for low-acid foods such as meat and fish. A water bath pressure cooker is only suitable for those who have specific canning requirements.
These are some other things to consider as you narrow your options.
The majority of pressure canners available on the market today are made from aluminum or stainless steel. Each type of pressure cooker for canning has its own benefits and drawbacks. Pressure canners are more popular than stainless steel because aluminum is less expensive than stainless. Aluminum is also lighter than stainless steel, making it ideal for pressure canners.
However, stainless steel pressure canners last longer. The choice you make will depend entirely on what your requirements are. A stainless-steel pressure cooker is a better choice if you are looking for something more durable.
You must also consider the canning capacity of your pressure cooker. We recommend buying a pressure cooker for frequent use with a capacity of 16-quart to 23-quarts. There are pressure canners that have larger capacities.
They are heavier and more difficult to use, as well as more time-consuming to maintain. Pressure canners smaller than 14-quart can be used only for cooking and not for canning.
There are safety precautions that you should take when you buy a pressure cooker for canning or steaming food. Some pressure canners don’t allow you to lower the temperature while steaming, canning, or cooking. Excessive pressure can cause an explosion in these cases.
Buy a pressure cooker/canner with both a main pressure release valve and supporting valves to avoid these accidents. To ensure that the lid is securely fitted, you should look for pressure cookers with a sure locking lid mechanism.
Handles and Knobs
The best models have a comfortable, large grip made from heat-resistant materials. Keep in mind that canners can get very heavy and can contain scalding hot water.
They must be lifted to move around, and not dragged across a surface. For a secure purchase, make sure you have the best grip possible.
You should also ensure that the tomes you purchase from Knobs are made of heat-resistant materials. They must have a large and comfortable grasping surface.
Your budget is the last thing that you should consider. Compare the prices of at most 4 to 5 pressure canners in order to find the one that is affordable. Remember that sometimes the cheapest option is not the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can my pressure cooker be used on an induction stovetop?
Yes, unless stated otherwise. Modern stovetop pressure cookers are made with a layer of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of steel to conduct heat from an induction stovetop.
2. Can you put a stovetop cooker in the oven?
Absolutely not! It is not a large pot that can be used as a cooking vessel. If the pressure isn’t controlled correctly, it could cause disaster.
3. When is it best to use a pressure canner?
Pressure canners are a great way to keep low-acid foods safe. This applies to meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, as well as soups, stocks, and other foods.
A pH of 4.6 is considered low-acid food. Pressure canning can be used for high-acid foods like fruits. However, it takes longer and may tasteless than boiling water-bath canning.
4. What’s the difference between pressure canning and pickling?
Pickling is an alternative to pressure canning low-acid foods. You can make the pH of the pickled items safe enough to be used in boiling water by adding vinegar or green beans.
To kill microorganisms, you will need to combine ultra-high pressure and temperature-achieved using a pressure canner.
Pressure canning is a great option if you want green beans preserved in their natural flavor. Pickle green beans to preserve their freshness and retain their tanginess.
This post is intended to help you find the best pressure cooker for canning according to your family’s needs. This guide is not meant to be an exhaustive one, but rather an overview to help you make an informed buying decision.
If you are still having trouble deciding on the right pressure canner for your kitchen, you can always count on our top picks. In this review, we recommend the All American pressure canner as the best. This canner is excellent in design and construction.
The Presto is a lighter, more powerful canner that has a large capacity. The Fagor Duo is the best choice for chefs who have smaller kitchens or don’t need larger canners in this review. It comes with all the accessories that you will need to use your canner under any circumstances. The top-rated pressure canners are all in this review. You can choose any one of these best pressure cookers for canning and you will have a product that you can use for many years.