Stainless steel water bottles are an excellent choice if you’re looking for a new bottle. Stainless steel water bottles can be shatterproof and reusable. They won’t leach chemicals even if they are left in direct sunlight or heated by triple-digit temperatures.
Staying hydrated is a key part of being healthy. But, what is best for you may not be the best for the planet. The best water bottles don’t leak and are easy to clean. They also keep your beer (or water) perfectly chilled. The best stainless steel water bottles are durable and recyclable. They also have no BPA.
The stainless steel water bottles can be used for many outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, yoga, and climbing. We looked at the top stainless steel water bottles available.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- It is environmentally friendly: A stainless steel water bottle can be used over and over again, so plastic bottles will not be recycled.
- Durable: Stainless-steel water bottles can last many years. They are stronger than plastic and glass water bottles and can withstand drops.
- Keeps beverages cold: Perhaps the best benefit of stainless steel water bottles is that they can keep your drinks ice-cold for several hours.
List Of 15 Best Stainless Steel Water Bottle Reviews
1. YETI Rambler 18 oz Bottle
- Yeti is a well-loved, well-respected stainless steel water bottle brand. Yetis are durable water bottles that are ideal for camping, hiking, kayaking, and even taking to work. The Yeti Rambler keeps water ice-cold for more than 12 hours and hot beverages like coffee piping hot for hours.
- DuraCoat is a DuraCoat exterior color that will not chip or fade. It’s also sweat-proof so it can be picked up one-handed to make it easy to drink on the move. The Yeti Rambler is made of the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel and has double-wall vacuum insulation to keep it from condensation. The chug caps make it easy to drink without spilling in the car, office, or mountains. The chug cap should not be used with hot beverages.
- The Rambler can hold 18 ounces. It is smaller than other bottles but fits into most cup holders. The lid has a strong handle and leak-proof cover, making it easy for you to carry. It can also be washed in the dishwasher.
2. Hydro Flask Water Bottle
- Hydro Flask’s large-mouth bottles are great for storing cold or hot beverages. The vacuum insulation keeps these drinks cold for 24 hours, and hot for 12 hours. Hydro Flask offers a range of lids that can be used with the bottle, including a flip, straw, and standard flex caps. This allows users to customize how they hydrate.
- It has a powder coating that is non-slip and doesn’t sweat. The design can also be washed in the dishwasher for ease of cleaning. The Hydro Flask is a true chameleon. It comes in many sizes and colors, including versions of 20-ounce and forty-ounce.
3. Hydro Flask Water Bottle – Stainless Steel & Vacuum Insulated
- Hydro Flask’s wide-mouth water bottle is an excellent option for those who want more than water. You can use a wide-mouth water bottle to transport smoothies and juices. You can also refill it at a café or in your blender. You can also use the straw cap to make it easy to sip.
4. Contigo Autoseal Chill Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- A leakproof water bottle is essential. This Contigo is the best water bottle you can buy. The Contigo has a button that seals the lid between each sip to prevent leaks and spillages. Three of these water bottles are owned by Fatherly editor.
- These water bottles are amazing. They can keep water cold for up 28 hours. They are great for both children and adults, and they are easy to open and shut. Some people report that bottles can be damaged, but this has not been our experience.
5. HYDRO CELL Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Hydro Cell Stainless steel Water Bottle is the best stainless steel water bottle available today. The Hydro Cell Stainless Steel Water Bottle comes in many sizes and colors, from 18 ounces to 40 ounces. This bottle comes with two caps: a stainless-steel screw cap that creates an airtight vacuum seal and a straw sports cap.
- These are perfect for athletes or outdoor activities. This water bottle’s stainless steel exterior is impervious to oxidation or corrosion. A double-wall bottle with a vacuum seal keeps cold liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot liquids warm for up to 8 hours. The stainless steel bottle does not contain any by-products or BPA. A lifetime warranty comes with this bottle.
- Hydro Cell Stainless steel Water Bottle has a problem with its straw-style sports cap. If your straw is not functioning properly or leaking, the company’s customer service team will repair or replace it.
6. Iron Flask Sports Water Bottle
- Iron Flask Sports Water Bottles have the same functionality as other stainless steel water bottles, keeping cold drinks chilled for 24 hours and hot beverages hot for up to 12 hours. However, it also comes with a straw that can be used for easy sipping. It comes with three lids, a straw lid, and a flip lid as well as a stainless steel lid. This is a great bonus for Iron Flask users who are comparing similar brands. Other brands also sell additional lids separately.
- Although the Iron Flask was designed for sports, it is also available in six sizes ranging from 14 to 64 ounces. It can be used daily as a water bottle. The smaller sizes, which range from 14 to 22 ounces, can be placed in a cup holder.
- Double-walled insulation prevents condensation and makes it easy to clean with wet hands. The 18/8 stainless steel is high-quality and doesn’t leave any metallic taste in your mouth. Laser engraving ensures that the logo won’t crack and the bottle is covered by a lifetime warranty.
7. Pogo Vacuum Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Although this 26-ounce bottle is one of our top picks, don’t let that fool you. The bottle’s flip-top lid is leakproof and the side carry loop makes it portable. It also has vacuum-insulated walls that keep water cold for up to 24 hours.
- The bottle’s largemouth and absence of crevices make it easy to clean. The entire bottle is dishwasher-safe, which is rare for stainless steel water bottles.
8. Simple Modern 17 Ounce Wave Water Bottle
- Simple Modern Wave bottles have a narrow tapered opening. Although it is somewhat narrow, the bottle is easy to drink from. This stainless steel insulated bottle is sleek and available in many colors, patterns, or textures.
9. LARQ Bottle PureVis – Self-Cleaning and Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- If you don’t clean your water bottles, they will become gross. Who remembers to clean them all? The Larq does all the hard work for you. It uses UV-C LED technology for purifying water and cleaning the inside of the bottles; it operates automatically every two hours. It can be charged via USB. The bottle can keep your water hot for 12 hours or cold for 24 hours.
10. Takeya Originals Vacuum-Insulated Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
- Takeya Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle will keep your drinks ice-cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours. The double-walled insulation in this stainless steel bottle prevents condensation from forming on the outside. The innovative hinge lock prevents the lid from getting in the way of you while you drink.
- It has a large loop handle that makes it easy to carry, and a wide mouth that is ideal for ice. The bottle is available in many sizes and colors, including an 18-ounce, 24-ounce, and 32-ounce, 32-ounce, and 40-ounce bottle and a 64-ounce bottle. This stainless steel bottle contains no BPA and has no by-products.
- The Takeya Vacuum Insulated Stainless steel Water Bottle may have some minor defects. Contact the company immediately if your product does not hold ice as long as you expected or is cold to the touch.
11. S’well Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- S’well bottles are your “hydration accessory”. They were created by the company to make stainless steel look cool with their bright, vivid colors and sleek design. Let’s face it, not everyone needs the cuteness factor. S’well bottles are available in three sizes: 9-ounce (17-ounce) and 25-ounce. The sleeker design makes it easy to transport to work or to workout, and can also fit into cups holders and bags.
- These bottles don’t have a wide mouth so they are easy to drink from without spilling. The downside is that large ice cubes won’t fit in these bottles. Triple-layered vacuum insulation is used by S’well to keep cold drinks cold for up 36 hours and hot beverages hot for 18 hours. The outside of your water bottle will not feel any temperature or condensation.
- Although the screw-top is not included with S’well bottles, once it has been secured tight, it will be leak-proof. S’well bottles have no BPA and are made of food-grade stainless. They can only be washed by hand.
12. GROSCHE Chicago (Silver) Tea & fruit infuser water bottle
- Grosche, a Canadian houseware brand, offers a water bottle that can be used for more than water. The large-capacity infuser is big enough to hold whole fruit slices and long enough for water to be infused with flavor every time it’s poured.
- To prevent tea bags and ice from sliding up when drinking, the strainer of the infuser can be used alone. Double-wall, leak-proof vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot for up to 12 hours and cold for up to 24 hours. It can only hold 15.2 ounces of liquid. You will need to refill it frequently.
13. Klean Kanteen Classic Stainless Steel Single Wall Water Bottle
- Klean Kanteen is large enough to fit in your mouth, and it has the best lids of all water bottles. The cap has larger threads that allow you to open and close it easily. You can choose from a variety of caps, including a sports cap and a sippy cup to fit your needs.
14. Kyocera 17oz. Ceramic Coated Interior
- Here’s a solution if you are very concerned about any metallic taste in your water. The ceramic interior of this bottle won’t alter the taste or color of your beverage and will not rust. It won’t sweat, and your beverages will stay hot for up to six hours.
15. Sfee 17oz Double Wall Vacuum Insulated
- The Sfee Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless steel Water Bottle is a great choice if you are looking for a light bottle you can take with you everywhere. The 17-ounce stainless steel bottle can fit in nearly any cup holder. The double-wall insulation keeps condensation from forming on the exterior of the bottle. It is available in seven colors.
- Can keep cold drinks cold for up 24 hours, and hot drinks warm for up to 12 hours. It is easy to clean and fill with ice cubes. Each purchase comes with a free sponge cleaning brush. The cleaning brush has an 11-inch handle that allows you to clean the entire inside of the bottle. It is easy to remove the stainless steel lid and they are vacuum sealed to prevent leakage.
- The exterior of the Sfee Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless steel Water Bottle has a powder-coated coating. The exterior’s powder-coated finish can scratch easily and become less durable over time. This is a high-quality bottle that will not cause any discomfort.
Buying Guide for the Best Stainless Steel Water Bottle
A stainless steel water bottle that can be washed in the dishwasher is a great investment. Before cleaning your stainless steel water bottle in the dishwasher, always consult the instructions manual or manufacturer. Some bottles can only be washed in the dishwasher top rack, while others can only be washed by hand. A bottle brush is a good option to clean stainless steel water bottles. However, even if all parts are washed, be sure to inspect the bottle before you use it.
Types of Stainless Steel Water Bottles
It is not uncommon for stainless steel water bottles made from 18/8 stainless. This means that stainless steel has 18 percent chromium and 8 percent nickel. This product is extremely durable and resistant to rust. It will also last for a long time. Your stainless steel bottle should not contain aluminum. Aluminum can easily rust and is not dishwasher-safe.
The 304-grade stainless is another type of stainless steel water container. This stainless steel has a minimum of 0.8 percent carbon and at most 50 percent iron. Although it may be more expensive than similar products, this type has been proven to be 100 percent resistant to corrosion and even rust. It’s extremely durable and can be washed in almost all cases.
Double-walled water bottles made of stainless steel are extremely insulated and can keep cold drinks or water ice-cold for up to 24 hours. Two layers of stainless steel allow the bottle’s ability to regulate its temperature. The bottle’s exterior will be at ambient temperature while the liquid inside will stay ice-cold.
Hydro Cell is a specialist in insulated bottles that can be used for outdoor and sports activities. The bottles are double-walled with insulation and have a vacuum seal. The company also produces replacement lids and bottles in sizes ranging from 18 to 40 ounces.
Contigo is headquartered in High Point, N.C., and has additional warehouses in Australia. All of its beverage containers come with a lifetime warranty. Contigo also produces water bottles and coffee mugs.
This reputable company was founded in Japan and is now based in California. It produces drinking vessels that are specifically made for fitness enthusiasts and ships them all over the globe. Takeya also produces water bottles and tumblers.
You may need a particular type of lid depending on the purpose of your water bottle. If you are playing sports or going to the gym, you will likely need a straw or spout for quick sipping.
If you need to add ice to your water bottles or pour liquids from another container inside, a wide-mouth lid will work well. Many wide-mouth lids can also be fitted with interchangeable straw or spout lids.
Water bottles come in a variety of sizes, from 12 ounces to 84 ounces. If you play tennis or other sports where you may be outside for long periods of time and need your water to stay cold, a 64- to 84-ounce stainless water bottle is the best choice. For everyday activities such as going to work or the gym, a 17- to 32-ounce water container is ideal.
You can use stainless steel for both hot and cold beverages. Consider whether you will be putting coffee or tea into your stainless steel bottle. A bottle closer to 17 to 32 ounces might be the best choice. Some bottles, such as the S’well, are narrower than others. Some wine bottles are too large to fit in cup holders. A slimmer model is better if you intend to carry the water bottle on the plane, in the car, on a bike ride, or on hikes.
Insulation is important, no matter the price of your stainless steel water bottles. Your cold beverages should stay cold for at least four hours. Many models can keep hot beverages warm for up to eight hours. Two walls of insulation are used to insulate stainless steel water bottles. They will keep the temperature constant inside for hours.
Stainless steel water bottles are more affordable than other types of water bottles, such as jugs and reusable dishware. This product is also very environmentally friendly. A stainless steel water bottle can be used as your primary drinking vessel to prevent plastic bottles from being recycled.
Water bottles made of stainless steel are great companions for travel. Most models can be used in your car cup holder. They are typically 100 percent leakproof and feature a vacuum seal.
Many reputable companies offer some kind of warranty when you purchase stainless steel water bottles. Many companies are well-known for their insulated water bottles. You may be eligible for a lifetime warranty that covers any bottle that leaks or stops keeping your drinks ice-cold for a prolonged period.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are stainless steel water bottles safe to drink?
Yes. A Stainless steel doesn’t leach chemicals when heated. You should look for 18/8 stainless steel food-grade, which is 18 percent chromium & 8 percent nickel. This is the most resistant grade of stainless steel and is commonly used in food industries.
2. How can you clean stainless-steel water bottles?
You can put some stainless steel water bottles in the dishwasher. Others should be washed by hand. Check the company website for more information. Hand washing is possible using dish soap and hot water.
After cleaning, dry the bottles with a scrub brush and let them air dry. To clean straws, spouts, and lids, use a smaller scrub brush made for straws. You can deep clean your bottle by filling it with half water and half vinegar. Then shake it up, let it sit for a while, or even overnight. Rinse with warm water, then dry.
3. Can stainless-steel water bottles be stored in the refrigerator?
You can put stainless steel bottles in the fridge, but it is best to prepare for the outside to be extremely cold once the bottle is taken out.
4. How long can a stainless-steel water bottle last?
A stainless-steel bottle can last for a decade or more, but a plastic lid might not last as long.
Customers are moving away from plastic water bottles as they have become more conscious of their environment. Reusable stainless-steel water bottles offer a more sustainable, durable, and economical alternative to plastic bottles. Stainless steel bottles are resistant to rust and come in many colors, shapes, sizes, and patterns. These bottles are often equipped with a leak-proof cap and fully insulated to keep cold beverages cold for hours and hot beverages warm for longer periods of time.
Stainless steel water bottles are more durable than plastic bottles, keep water cool for longer periods of time, are less likely to break than glass bottles, and don’t have the tendency to corrode like glass bottles. Many new stainless steel water bottles have appeared on the market in recent years. There are many options available, so you can find the right water bottle for you, whether you’re looking for one for work, at the gym, or for traveling.